Rihannsu
Yes, I'm gonna talk about THAT.

Ok, I know most MMOs are about 13yo male demographic eager to see enormous polygons on their skimpy clothed characters. And yes, most developers are well aware of this, making continuous efforts to please this specific playerbase. Heck, even Cryptic did so with the giant Vulcan cleavage on the main page recently.

Still, when it comes to in-game character models I've always been honestly disturbed and somewhat disgusted with the character creator's bust slider option. In short, even at absolute minimum the chest is quite... well-endowed... Above one bar it starts to look unnatural, even for games standards, while everything above two bars is in my humble opinion disgustingly oversized. Don't even get me started on how it looks maxed out...

I was particuarly surprised with this when I saw Tasha Yar character in game... Yeah, not really the way I remember her from the show...

Ok, I know this is what most players want - giant jugs in their fantasy video games. It's their problem and one can only learn to ignore it. But still, is it asking too much to tweak the slider at least a little bit the other way, so that it would allow players to make their characters and bridge officers look a bit more natural?

Because as it is now it looks as if Starfleet forces their female officers to undergo breast enlargement therapy... As if mandatory TOS mini-skirts weren't enough...
Captain
# 2
04-08-2013, 03:08 AM
uh, it does allow flat chested females.

but it wont allow escape from self conscious butthurt trollbaitery that complain about boobs while captain He-man McHulk walks around like some comic mutant.

at least the breast sizes ingame are naturally possible.

why dont you start a fleet called 'back to the b-cup' where all the players female toons & npcs mush have small boobs to join? im sure you will get plenty of interest lol
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 3
04-08-2013, 03:22 AM
As much as I hate the boob flashing in modern Starfleet, I believe more that better more choice, than less.

Like allowing all factions to use each other's ships and join each other's fleets, not just the Romulans. At the very least people would stop WAILING about balance. Commander Riker had a BoP once, as did Dukat, as did Kira with the Defiant. Lots of ships trading hands. And after all, isn't Star Trek really about everyone coming together in enlightened harmony?

So, more choice, the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Rihannsu
# 4
04-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
uh, it does allow flat chested females.
Leave your house once in a while cause you seem to have never seen an average woman outside of video games.

And troll someplace else.

I don't mind players running around in their perfect unrealistic avatars that much, but I for one would like to see some more natural options and proportion available. As it is now we can't make a truly chubby characters (more like pregnant, or having a beer-gut), flat-chested ones, there are no glasses options and other alike. Everyone's perfect. I know it's a video game, but again, having more options is always better than having few. And these are only the examples.

Last edited by suaveks; 04-08-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
04-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Studies show that contrary to popular belief, female players enjoy making sexy avatars.

It makes sense. We have a desire to be attractive. Why would be choose not to in a virtual world as well?

Leave my boobs alone!

Edit: And it does allow flat chested females. The lowest setting is smaller then my 12 year old daughter. Seems to me somebody can't handle the female form...
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 04-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-08-2013, 05:22 AM
First world problems. What is more natural? A matter of perspective.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 7
04-08-2013, 05:51 AM
All my characters have larger boobs than I do, you just can't bring them to smaller sizes in the game. Funny that some people don't know you can't make smaller once, guess whats what happens when you bring to max immediately.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 8
04-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Cryptic once explain this (I think it was cryptic). You can not have flat chested females because with the alien editor you can make a child captain. Same goes with the male shadow beard that you can not remove.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 9
04-08-2013, 05:57 AM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/...psf16a32e3.jpg

No, I can't make small ones... yeah..
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-08-2013, 06:35 AM
TOS skirts are canon and worn with TOS uniforms (its regulation)