Lt. Commander
http://www.stowiki.org/Romulan_Singularity_Harness

http://www.stowiki.org/Omega_Adapted...Technology_Set

http://www.stowiki.org/Temporal_Warfare_Set

http://www.stowiki.org/Rapid_Fire_Missile_Launcher

Out of these four sets. There are two purple very rare sets. And two blue rare sets.

First off the Ferengi set only gives you discounts. No passives or abilities. Which is fine. But I have no interest in just the discounts. Its not worth it just for that. At least one passive bonus trait. Like evasion or something along those lines. I do have the Temporal Warfare set and I love it!

Questions: 1. Would anyone be interested in Purple very rare versions of the two Lobi store sets?

2. Would a price for the upgrade to Purple very rare for about maybe 300-350 lobi be worth it for slighty better stats?

3. Is there any other ideas for Space sets based on areas of the game that do not have them yet? Say Breen, Jem'Hadar, Fed., Klingon, and Deferi amoung others?

4. If there were new sets what would they be?

5. And would it be cool to have a set bonus for combining The Shields, Engines and deflector sets together with the space weapon sets?

Like the Borg sets ot the Romulan sets and so on!

Last edited by zztoppers; 04-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-07-2013, 10:30 PM
The Ferengi set isn't weak. It's ECs that are weak. If anything meaningful was purchasable from vendors using energy credits that would be a decent set bonus.

Sadly, with Dilithium that ship has sailed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwedisplayname View Post
The Ferengi set isn't weak. It's ECs that are weak. If anything meaningful was purchasable from vendors using energy credits that would be a decent set bonus.

Sadly, with Dilithium that ship has sailed.
I agree but there is no bonus to having all three except the discounts. I would just like some kind of passive bonus!

I may be interested in the Rapid Fire Missile Launcher by itself. But the Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console and Mine launcher do not interest me by themselves. The Combat Module does boost Mine and Torpedo damage by 11%. But its not really unique it tha regard. I can just use another type of booster for the missle launcher.

I suppose if I were into mines it may seem more appealing!

As far as how to introduce the new set. New reputaion system with EC and or Dilitium. However they doit. It would be really cool. I mean you already have the Breen cluster torpedo amoung other weapons that could start off some of the sets.

Perhaps introduce a latinum store. You could exchange GPL for just Latinum for a steep exchange rate. You could introduce Latinum into some kind of new Ferengi Lock box.

I can see Cryptic and Perfect world making the $$$$$ now!

Last edited by zztoppers; 04-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I would love to see them add auxiliary only sets too. The Yellowstone comes with that special engine. Add a Deflector and shield to other craft to complete a set.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-08-2013, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't want a lobi-level upgrade on the Ferengi set, not so much that I wouldn't possibly want it, more that I've already spent 600 lobi on it, and don't want to spend more.

I am honestly surprised the Ferengi set doesn't add more to the D'kora. I mean, all the other similar sets for lockbox ships all seem to, why not that one? Temporal set does for the temporal ships, the Jem'hader space set adds to the three Bug ships and the Galor, and probably more sets in the future.

At the very least, something like...

Two piece bonus: A very large bonus to the damage from the Rapid Fire missile and the Swarm missile attack. (Or at least a large bonus for the Swarm missiles since they are still on a 3 minute CD, the rapid fire missiles could be a smaller bonus)

Three piece bonus: adds a 25% bonus to turnrate, and gives a bonus to ACC or something.

Those would be for the D'kora only, along with making the set more worth using in terms of actual combat. The mines can be nice on a hardened/large target (though I choose not to use them in PvP), and the missiles are good if you don't have the Wide Angle Quantum and yet want a wider kinetic weapon outside of just the KCB.

Maybe that's too much, I dunno, but it'd be something. The D'kora is a fine ship as it is, but the set is certainly lacking in making using it worthwhile enough.

Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I wouldn't want a lobi-level upgrade on the Ferengi set, not so much that I wouldn't possibly want it, more that I've already spent 600 lobi on it, and don't want to spend more.

I am honestly surprised the Ferengi set doesn't add more to the D'kora. I mean, all the other similar sets for lockbox ships all seem to, why not that one? Temporal set does for the temporal ships, the Jem'hader space set adds to the three Bug ships and the Galor, and probably more sets in the future.

At the very least, something like...

Two piece bonus: A very large bonus to the damage from the Rapid Fire missile and the Swarm missile attack. (Or at least a large bonus for the Swarm missiles since they are still on a 3 minute CD, the rapid fire missiles could be a smaller bonus)

Three piece bonus: adds a 25% bonus to turnrate, and gives a bonus to ACC or something.

Those would be for the D'kora only, along with making the set more worth using in terms of actual combat. The mines can be nice on a hardened/large target (though I choose not to use them in PvP), and the missiles are good if you don't have the Wide Angle Quantum and yet want a wider kinetic weapon outside of just the KCB.

Maybe that's too much, I dunno, but it'd be something. The D'kora is a fine ship as it is, but the set is certainly lacking in making using it worthwhile enough.

Nice reply!

I don't like higher costs of the Lobi store either. But when I make an idea suggestion thread. I try to put my ideas in terms Cryptic and Perfect World understand. If they think they can make more money it may be more likely to be considered. I only suggested the upgrade because the two Lobi sets are Blue suggesting a possible future upgrade to the sets!

Last edited by zztoppers; 04-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Commander
# 7
04-08-2013, 04:25 AM
Only thing I'd like to see for the lobi space sets is to be bind on equip instead of pickup. That would give people more variety of things to convert lobi to EC with instead of just ships and the photonic tac boff. That and for lobi itself to be account bind instead of character bind.

As far as new sets I can't really think of anything at the moment, but the existing sets that don't have mkXII versions yet could use them.
Career Officer
# 8
04-08-2013, 05:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a set piece using a device slot at some point.
----