Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 21
04-08-2013, 08:47 AM
He is not alone

Frankly the bust slider should go half as far as it does (unless artificial gravity has been dramatically reduced) as many of the Boffs I see on new romulus can barely stand upright
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,498
# 22
04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
http://i.imgur.com/AH2mzrk.jpg
Really? This is too big for you?
Yes

And yes

And yes

Aaaaaand yup

All screenshots taken with slider at minimum. Kind of Mazinger-ish if you ask me.


Honestly, not sure why so many people felt offended with this thread (unless I hit a nerve with that 13yo demographic thing). Personally I couldn't care less about what you do with your characters and boffs in a video game. You could be that 13yo male, an average joe, or that girl wanting her avatar to look pretty (btw. busty ≠ pretty). If the game does allow it and you like it, that's perfectly fine. My point is, it doesn't seem to work this way the other way around.

Trivial matter, sure, but I for one would really like to see character creator options expanded, not only in terms of chests and women, but other examples mentioned eariler, that would allow our characters to look less ideal and more normal. As it is now, it's either making an alien or making an old character in most cases.

Last edited by suaveks; 04-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 243
# 23
04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
To those who say the low end is "flat enough", the OP may have a point in that he can't go completely flat. However, this is mostly because Cryptic wants to avoid the appearance of "children".

To those who say the upper end is "too big", you are wrong, plain and simple. There are thousands, if not millions, of women who have naturally large chests.



Now, should the lower limit be made smaller? sure. But leave the upper limit alone.




Oh, and one more thing... the reason people in Star Trek are "perfect" is because it's the future, and everyone in the future is perfect.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,423
# 24
04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
To those who say the low end is "flat enough", the OP may have a point in that he can't go completely flat. However, this is mostly because Cryptic wants to avoid the appearance of "children".

To those who say the upper end is "too big", you are wrong, plain and simple. There are thousands, if not millions, of women who have naturally large chests.



Now, should the lower limit be made smaller? sure. But leave the upper limit alone.




Oh, and one more thing... the reason people in Star Trek are "perfect" is because it's the future, and everyone in the future is perfect.
Wish tailors today could alter my appearence.. yet these swine only deal in outfits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 151
# 25
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
It certainly needs a lower setting. I think it also needs a larger setting. I base most of my BOffs on friends, and in both directions I cannot emulate some of them. Likewise we need a better option for chubby and overweight characters.

And the argument about not making child captains makes no sense at all. We have people running around as Captain Homer Simspon and you say we cannot make a child? They would be useful in Foundry design. If there is worry of people RPing sex with minors, that is what the report button is for.

There are a lot of aliens who shouldn't have cleavage at all, and some that should have more than two breasts. The gender-neutral species that Riker fools around with in TNG comes in mind, I would play one of them.

While this one is kinda stupid ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXWrOQZSuRc

It is canon, and someone may want to make this species.

Most multi breasted races would have them still in pairs likely above one another like a dog or a cat.

Saurian probably shouldn't have cleavage at all btw.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 805
# 26
04-08-2013, 12:46 PM
The game couldn't have a Teen ESRB rating if it allowed people to make childlike characters. Because of the potential for depicting violence against children.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,311
# 27
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
The game couldn't have a Teen ESRB rating if it allowed people to make childlike characters. Because of the potential for depicting violence against children.
you havnt seen the 2ft toons running around esd and qonos with guns & batleth bigger than they are.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 805
# 28
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
you havnt seen the 2ft toons running around esd and qonos with guns & batleth bigger than they are.
yeah, I know people can do that, but Cryptic's reasoning is that children can't have C-cups or 5o'clock shadows. So if all characters are so endowed, they can't be children. It might not be perfect, but it's enough to keep the ESRB off their backs.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,311
# 29
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
yeah, I know people can do that, but Cryptic's reasoning is that children can't have C-cups or 5o'clock shadows. So if all characters are so endowed, they can't be children. It might not be perfect, but it's enough to keep the ESRB off their backs.
i guess they'd have fits with a source accurate shakespear mmo
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
# 30
04-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Bust slider is fine, OP is just picky.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.