Captain
# 11
04-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I suspect a lot of the updates will need intense testing before they give us Romulans to test.

After all we've got the following to test:-
New UI
Warp cores
New trait system

I'd also include the new Rep, but I suspect that's connected to the Romulan content in some way.

They did say that some players will get a chance to test the Romulans in closed beta, about a month from their release.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 12
04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I wonder how can you get into the closed beta.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 13
04-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
Yeah, I suspect a lot of the updates will need intense testing before they give us Romulans to test.

After all we've got the following to test:-
New UI
Warp cores
New trait system

I'd also include the new Rep, but I suspect that's connected to the Romulan content in some way.

They did say that some players will get a chance to test the Romulans in closed beta, about a month from their release.
Well let me put it in an automotive sense

I can take a part from one car and test it make sure it works then take another part from a different car test it make sure it works.
But when i bring those two parts together just because they work seperatly does not mean they will work together as a unit.

If cryptic pieces this expansions testing out and does not test it as a whole unit then when it is released may 21st there is going to be alot of major issues with it.
Rihannsu
# 14
04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
No! Release the kraken!
Yes, Krakens are awesome.

Anyways, we need to wait for the devs to finish coding.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I can't wait to test the Romulans, they could just release levels 1-10 for us to test and do it in sections unlocking more with each patch if the later stuff is not ready right now.
Captain
# 16
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yes, Krakens are awesome.

Anyways, we need to wait for the devs to finish coding.
I hope they finish coding soon because time is running out to give LoR a complete testing phase even though a month is hardly enough time it is all we have.
But if they dont let us testers put LoR through its paces and just release AS IS LoR could be a complete disaster.

I agree krakens are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post
I can't wait to test the Romulans, they could just release levels 1-10 for us to test and do it in sections unlocking more with each patch if the later stuff is not ready right now.
They could but that would not be a good idea i would rather be able to test LoR from level 1-50 and give it a complete run through.
That way we testers could compile a complete body of work as far as finding bugs breaking things the developers didnt think could be broken and general we llikes and we dont likes about LoR.
I to am anxious to play as a romulan but im more eager to get a full on testing of LoR underway not just this half baked UI test thats going on.
But we must wait till they are done coding and they make the decision to either let us test LoR on tribble or do a small scale beta test which wont find the majority of the problems with LoR.
Ensign
# 17 Legeacy of Romulais
04-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Dose anyone Know when we will be able to play test the romulains on the play test servers. I say you need to be 25 to unlock but i have a lvl 50 and still cant unlock it
Lieutenant
# 18
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
It will be on tribble when the devs decide its ready to put up for testing. It's not level specific. You can start a new character from scratch.
Captain
# 19
04-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Didn't they say pretty much from the beginning that this stuff will come out (roughly) 1 month in advance on Tribble?
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 20 Please tell us something
04-15-2013, 04:00 AM
We are your loyal playing fans. We are doing what you have asked of us. Please reward us by releasing the Romulans for us to play. If you have ransom demands....let us know. Please... let us know something! This uber slow trickle feed is not satisfying us. This is the kind of information that should have been shared months ago not with ONLY one month pending open Holodeck release. Even if you release them for play today...like you would do that...right....what was I thinking? Even if you realeased them 2 weeks ago i do not think you could fix all the bugs in time for the given release date on holodeck.