Captain
# 31
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
this is impressive, im certanly going to participate in this. the model for the entity looks perfect too, well done
you'd probably ask homeone to use a CE holoemitter and pvp it
Cryptic Studios Team
# 32
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
Will we be able to earn the Trophy with this encounter?
Yes. There are still trophies granted for receiving First, Second and Third place each time you run the encounter.

To head off further questions, here's some insight into how you are scored during the event:

You will be scored for each of the following, at various amount of tracked "contribution points":
* Every point of damage dealt to the Crystalline Entity
* Every point of healing given to anything on the map
* Any Tholian ship you help destroy
* Any Large Crystalline Fragment you help destroy
* Any Small Crystalline Fragment you help destroy

We attempted to work in additional scoring mechanisms for "Damage Prevented on Self" as well as something for Controls/Debuffs, but were unable to get them in and tested before the event is scheduled to go live.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 33
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Cool. Something new to do! And I have to admit that I like the rewards, even if it's just ore and not refined dil. I think my fleetmates and I will happily run this event at least once a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
I really like the idea of the event reputation and encourage people to play a given event but not feel restricted to a given hour so I really hope Cryptic expands on this.

The only question mark I have about the whole thing is the contribution threshold; 14/21 to some might be a bit too much. Perhaps 50% of the event would be better than 66% but that's just me I. Some may not necessarily have premade/private teams to rely upon.
Don't worry i've been there during the testing phase and this event is extremely easy. Don't trust a dev when he says you'll need tremendous survivability abilities to suceed: read "for the average player", and the average player isn't good, according to my foundry experience.
Career Officer
# 34
04-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Yes. There are still trophies granted for receiving First, Second and Third place each time you run the encounter.

To head off further questions, here's some insight into how you are scored during the event:

You will be scored for each of the following, at various amount of tracked "contribution points":

We attempted to work in additional scoring mechanisms for "Damage Prevented on Self" as well as something for Controls/Debuffs, but were unable to get them in and tested before the event is scheduled to go live.
Are these back-end scoring changes (the ones going live with the event and the others you mentioned) things we will see pushed to other events/fleet actions?
Career Officer
# 35
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:

I think this is a nice change of direction.

Questions!

1) Will actual effective healing be taken into consideration or can I spam heal others who are at 98% health but I still get credit for tossing out 15K+ worth of heals even though they were only scratched?

2) Will there still be a "1st" place mechanic, encouraging self-promoting play or will the final loot bag be based on a "group performance" threshold? i.e. once the "water level" of performance rises above this line, everyone gets a class A reward.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 04-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 36
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
1) Will actual effective healing be taken into consideration or can I spam heal others who are at 98% health but I still get credit for tossing out 15K+ worth of heals even though they were only scratched?
I don't actually know the answer to this. You're asking whether or not "Overhealing" is scored? I'll try and find out, but I make no promises on being able to find an answer. Folks around here are pretty darn busy with other tasks, as you can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
2) Will there still be a "1st" place mechanic, encouraging self-promoting play or will the final loot bag be based on a "group performance" threshold? i.e. once the "water level" of performance rises above this line, everyone gets a class A reward.
It's all individually tracked, not group-wide.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Survivor of Remus
# 37
04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
14 out of 21 days is too much in my opinion, and 14 days makes it feel like a chore.

You should make the minimum requirement no more than half of the time the event will be active. Say 7 or 10 out of 21. Also perhaps extend the event to a month instead of just 3 weeks.

Even better would be 2 days per week the event is active, that would let people who can only play on weekends participate.

Events are supposed to be fun, not another grind.
Career Officer
# 38
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
I don't actually know the answer to this. You're asking whether or not "Overhealing" is scored? I'll try and find out, but I make no promises on being able to find an answer. Folks around here are pretty darn busy with other tasks, as you can imagine.
Yes, sorry "overhealing" is a better term than my verbose question was.

Yes, I imagine they are quite busy and thanks for looking into it.

Quote:
It's all individually tracked, not group-wide.
Well, maybe someday.

Career Officer
# 39
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
i like that the CE looks more like it did in TNG.

not sure about the Tholians, and it seems there is no real Story behind the Tholians helping it beyond a "oh well they look kinda related somehow... maybe they ARE!?!?!"...

hmmhmmhmm...

"Event Reputation" ... sounds like a neat idea to introduce new content like this.

Rewards... 50k dil... ORE... ... hnnh ...how about REFINED instead?

It's a one time thing so, would it hurt to give us refined dil for once?
But well if the reward is, that i don't need to play for the next 6,25 days....
i don't know how i feel about that.

And... another PET

Hey you little Crytal pet, guchi guchi boobooboo, you want to know how i got you?
yah good boy you wanna know right... yaaah you dooo... I KILLED YOUR MOMMY! ... 14 TIMES!!!
Empire Veteran
# 40
04-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
Events are supposed to be fun, not another grind.
It's supposed to be fun, not a grind. You may ignore the rewards, they are completely optional.

And i think this is a nice event even if it's not difficult at all, and something people could call "yet another dps race". It has interesting mechanics and there you really need scis.
Closed Thread