Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 658
# 181
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
For a very tanky fleet patrol escort against elite tac cubes, a little sacrifice in dps, this is the build I know works very well (funny thing is there are other possibilities). The skill tree is optimized for both space and ground combat. Click different tabs to see the reputation traits/skill tree/gear choice.
Link

Duty officers are: 2 purple conn officer tac team reduction + 3 damage control doffs.
Bridge officers are all human (leadership trait).

I know for a fact this build gives you over 100% defense bonus, with well over 6k dps pretty consistently.

Edit: With this build, you can pretty much tank donatra, the queen diamond, elite tac cube as long as you don't let the heavy plasma torp hit you. You don't even need to worry about that since the AoE scatter volley will take care of that for you. Hit brace for impact whenever you see the torp spread buff on the borg.
Heck, you can even make that build better. Reducing Shield Performance to 6 ranks gives a 0/-1/0/0 to your power levels, boosting Warp Core Potential gives a +2/+2/+3/+3, so if you do both you get a net +2/+1/+3/+3 with 1500 extra skill points left over for anywhere you care to put them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,166
# 182
04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
Heck, you can even make that build better. Reducing Shield Performance to 6 ranks gives a 0/-1/0/0 to your power levels, boosting Warp Core Potential gives a +2/+2/+3/+3, so if you do both you get a net +2/+1/+3/+3 with 1500 extra skill points left over for anywhere you care to put them.
Thanks I'm already doing that.

I'm happy for all the advice, but I would like to point it out that Leadership is getting nerfed out of usefullness.

Sell your human bridge officers while you can.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,024
# 183
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Imagine having 5 of these escorts in stf? Obviously they have to be flown by pilots with a clue. I think they'll do very well against any opponent. Maybe averaging 5min every stf (kase and hive are an exception)?
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,166
# 184
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Imagine having 5 of these escorts in stf? Obviously they have to be flown by pilots with a clue. I think they'll do very well against any opponent. Maybe averaging 5min every stf (kase and hive are an exception)?
Possible, I just did CSE with optional in 8 minutes. I think the team was 3 tacticals, 1 science, and my engineer in a bortas ( Which can be called an escort cruiser that turns like a dead horse) .
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 395
# 185
04-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Imagine having 5 of these escorts in stf? Obviously they have to be flown by pilots with a clue. I think they'll do very well against any opponent. Maybe averaging 5min every stf (kase and hive are an exception)?
Also 5 sci captains flying sci vessels can do a great and fast job. Durring season 6 I played ise twice in a random team of sci/sci players and we did it in less than 8 minutes.
Actually using the romulan hyper plasma torpedo every ship can have a great dps so I will not wonder if a random team can finish every stf in 6-8 minutes.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,024
# 186
04-12-2013, 07:35 AM
K eurialo, since you don't seem to grasp the intent of this thread, maybe if I help you? Your post is a little funny because you are talking about dps dps dps and not saying anything how your sci vessels with sci captains are sciencing? Don't preach to the choir and try to convince me that certain cruisers and science vessels can dps, I know they can. That's not the issue and/or the reason why this thread was created though.

What were those sci ships you're talking about? Would you classify them pure science vessels?
Did they have a lt cmdr tactical on their vessel?
Were they using subsystem targeting?
Were they using viral matrix?
Were they using photonic shockwave?
Were they using feedback pulse?
Were they supporting each other?
Were they using scramble sensors?
Were they using photonic officer?


Or was their focus entirely about dps dps dps dps dps e.i spacebar spamming negh with rom torps and no actual consideration of playing their role?
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 187
04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I have to agree that is probably the best overall mix for any situation, except I would change those sci vessels with full carriers.... full carriers are a thing of beauty if piloted by a good player. Of those the Recluse seems the be either the best or the one most often piloted by really competent players. If anything I'd imagine full carriers are the ships we should be watching with envy.

It amazes me how few people realize just how good carriers are.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,024
# 188
04-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I saw a jem carrier doing 14k dps in infected. It was shooting with rom beams with aux2bat build and BO/FAW combo. ISE lasted about 5min, this dude/tte took on everything by him/herself. It was a thing of beauty, I was just awe struck.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 395
# 189
04-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
K eurialo, since you don't seem to grasp the intent of this thread, maybe if I help you? Your post is a little funny because you are talking about dps dps dps and not saying anything how your sci vessels with sci captains are sciencing? Don't preach to the choir and try to convince me that certain cruisers and science vessels can dps, I know they can. That's not the issue and/or the reason why this thread was created though.

What were those sci ships you're talking about? Would you classify them pure science vessels?
Did they have a lt cmdr tactical on their vessel?
Were they using subsystem targeting?
Were they using viral matrix?
Were they using photonic shockwave?
Were they using feedback pulse?
Were they supporting each other?
Were they using scramble sensors?
Were they using photonic officer?


Or was their focus entirely about dps dps dps dps dps e.i spacebar spamming negh with rom torps and no actual consideration of playing their role?

You did not understand my post. It was an answer to players thinking that sci vessels are useless. A sci ship usually hasn't the dps of a escort, but debuffing your opponent can push it so a team of sci captains flying sci ships can finish a stf in a few minutes even if their ship do not have a great base dps. What I wrote in the second part of my post is simply that a hyper plasma torpedo can give enough dps to every ship regardless its build.

Finally talking about science ships I think to ship like the lrsvr or a Wells (even using only one lt tactical boff).

Last edited by eurialo; 04-13-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 190
05-31-2013, 06:08 PM
In this game, you can indeed be a science officer in a science vessel or any other combo of ship classes and professions, obviously you won't do the BEST damage, but you can still get it up there, if you spec it all right.

I am sure there are going to be those elitist types that think if it isn't the best, then it sucks, but I tend to avoid those types like the plague, they take the game WAY too seriously.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.