Captain
# 11
04-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerkid1993 View Post
Oh, what is better ?
Photon or Quantuum Torpedoes ?
Yes.

The question isn't quite as simple as that. Quantum torpedoes have 15% higher damage per shot, Photon torpedoes have 15% higher damage per second. Generally speaking, if you plan on firing a lot of "naked" torpedoes, then photon will work better because you'll get more shots and do more damage over time; versus, if you plan on being selective with your torpedoes and amping your shots with High Yield or Spread, then the higher base damage on Quantum will let these abilities hit harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
And I never intended that the size means it is a soft target. Its lack of effective engineering slots and its slow movement and turn rate, coupled with the fact that it is essentially a moving starbase but with not-so-strong defenses means it is usually fired on at one point or another. I'm not criticizing your build, but I have found that a large portion of Dreadnought captains have their ships ill-equipped for durability...
And this is why the Jem Dreadnaught is, in my opinion, an Engineer's ship. It *can* be a pretty very tough mobile starbase with an Engineer on the bridge.
Captain
# 12
04-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And this is why the Jem Dreadnaught is, in my opinion, an Engineer's ship. It *can* be a pretty very tough mobile starbase with an Engineer on the bridge.
But the question is, would it be as effective as existing PVP cruiser builds? Sure, it has the largest hull in the game, but does that mean it is the most survivable ship, while still offering team heals?

My answer is still no. The J'H HEC is better suited, IMO.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 13
04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
But the question is, would it be as effective as existing PVP cruiser builds? Sure, it has the largest hull in the game, but does that mean it is the most survivable ship, while still offering team heals?

My answer is still no. The J'H HEC is better suited, IMO.
You didn't mention PVP in the post I replied it. I don't know anything about PVP or care. That's a totally different game.
Lieutenant
# 14
04-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I dont use the RCS consoles for the Dreadnought, in PvE i use a DHC/Turret build and its simple a case of pitching up and unleashing hell (enemies really arent that smart), in pvp however i use a beam/torp loadout allowing me a wider firing arc! Either way this is a fantastic little ship
Captain
# 15
04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
You didn't mention PVP in the post I replied it. I don't know anything about PVP or care. That's a totally different game.
Actually, it's the same game. Just the next level of it.

But anyways... I would like to change my stance to "Neutral". I was in a PVP match, Fed vs KDF. Somehow (I want to say "Typically"), the game fraks up the team picking, and the Fed side only gets three players, myself included. The enemies were a premade.

One Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (me, testing a build)
One Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
One Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

Ouch!

To the contrary. We started off strong, and got even better as time progressed. Usually on a team, I die maybe once, if enemies subnuc and swarm me. Due to two less targets, I died three times in the match. The JHAS died a lot.

However, the backbone of the team, usually filled by my shoes, was the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought captain. She didn't die at all, although she did get close. She was tanking like a boss, while dealing with the incoming fire from the premade BoPs, simultaneously wiping them out.

The result: A loss for us, but 14-15 loss. It was a VERY well played match.

I was so thoroughly impressed by this, I should have asked further on the setup of this ship, but alas, the zone boot timer came into play too late for me. But this has definitely changed my position to on-the-fence.

I know a good build and a good ship when I see it, and I definitely saw it there.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
For PvE:

I have one and was parsed at 8500 DPS for ISE.

The other two dreadnoughts that were in the match parsed for 12k + DPS!

WTF are they doing and they were doing it with beams!!!!

Myself...i used the DHC, omega torp, turrets, and cutting beam goodness with attack pattern beta3.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbypwr View Post
For PvE:

Myself...i used the DHC, omega torp, turrets, and cutting beam goodness with attack pattern beta3.

FAW spam
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Actually, it's the same game. Just the next level of it.

But anyways... I would like to change my stance to "Neutral". I was in a PVP match, Fed vs KDF. Somehow (I want to say "Typically"), the game fraks up the team picking, and the Fed side only gets three players, myself included. The enemies were a premade.

One Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (me, testing a build)
One Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
One Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

Ouch!

To the contrary. We started off strong, and got even better as time progressed. Usually on a team, I die maybe once, if enemies subnuc and swarm me. Due to two less targets, I died three times in the match. The JHAS died a lot.

However, the backbone of the team, usually filled by my shoes, was the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought captain. She didn't die at all, although she did get close. She was tanking like a boss, while dealing with the incoming fire from the premade BoPs, simultaneously wiping them out.

The result: A loss for us, but 14-15 loss. It was a VERY well played match.

I was so thoroughly impressed by this, I should have asked further on the setup of this ship, but alas, the zone boot timer came into play too late for me. But this has definitely changed my position to on-the-fence.

I know a good build and a good ship when I see it, and I definitely saw it there.
i'm agree with you about dread in pvp. it can be very usefull. but, you can't see the full capacity/power of a ship in a single pvp match.

Quote:
For PvE:

you lose a lot of dps when you have to turn your ship. the dps from DHCs is very high, but you can't fire it all the time. sometimes you have to turn around a little to be able to keep your shield up. if you use DHCs you can tank the tactical cube and faceing it all the time. so your dps will be smaller then the beams one.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Commander
# 19
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbypwr View Post
For PvE:

Bortasqu' and Dreadnought Carriers have additional power to their weapons.
Ensign
# 20
05-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Here is a PVE tank/dps build. This is a wish list build.

JHDC Tank/DPS

Science Consoles and hanger pets may need changing. I have no idea because I'm still working on the ship.