Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Captain
# 31
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Op is so funny.

Anything below 2 bars out of 5 in the bust slider is as flat as you can see on the streets.

Though I personally find anything with less then 3 out of 5 bars in the bust slider downright unattractively flat.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs42/f/20...rineMaiden.jpg

Yeah. I see flat characters all around.

And I never, ever saw a real adult woman with anything as flat as the minimal bust slider. That is flatter then some males , lol.

So the current slider allows you to be much flatter then the average female (of a state where there is no famine) .
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.

Last edited by tpalelena; 04-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Op is so funny.

Anything below 2 bars out of 5 in the bust slider is as flat as you can see on the streets.

Though I personally find anything with less then 3 out of 5 bars in the bust slider downright unattractively flat.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs42/f/20...rineMaiden.jpg

Yeah. I see flat characters all around.

And I never, ever saw a real adult woman with anything as flat as the minimal bust slider. That is flatter then some males , lol.

So the current slider allows you to be much flatter then the average female (of a state where there is no famine) .
I don't know what planet you live on, but plenty of girls I know have smaller chests than the slider allows for.

As I said before ; I make some of my friends as BOffs and there are some I cannot make. I have dated girls with smaller chests than that.
Captain
# 33
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Bosom settings just don't look natural, minimum is still rather large but at least seems the most life like, larger settings just look absurd, pointy torpedoes defying gravity rather than a fuller more rounded shape hanging naturally.
Military organizations have health standards, things like morbid obesity would not be tolerated, so I can understand why character options don't allow such extremes, but still people come in different sizes and shapes, the slider ranges could do with more realistic range limitations.
Career Officer
# 34
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
We're surrounded by blue people with antennae growing out of their heads and anthropomorphic lizards and we're arguing about "what looks natural"?

Que loco.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 35
04-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
I don't know what planet you live on, but plenty of girls I know have smaller chests than the slider allows for.

As I said before ; I make some of my friends as BOffs and there are some I cannot make. I have dated girls with smaller chests than that.
That is certainly very odd. Are you sure those females were of adult age, or did not have some form of medical surgery out of an illness related necessity?

The only friend of mine that managed to get that flat was a very thin guy who dressed up in drag for his comedy routine once.

Because when I go outside, I don't see any women under the slider's 1st bar. And I mean women, as in around twenty or older.
There are females that are as flat, but those are teenagers who are still in not fully grown, and of course, should not be dated.

As for the bigger, defying gravity ones.... well those may be not natural. Though I'm not sure why people care about that. If there are implants for that today, it is quite illogical to think they would not be still available in a few fictional centuries.

But wyh do saurians have breasts? They are lizard... they should not have any. Though argonians of Skyrim share this odd, very un-reptile trait.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.

Last edited by tpalelena; 04-09-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
04-09-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
We're surrounded by blue people with antennae growing out of their heads and anthropomorphic lizards and we're arguing about "what looks natural"?

Que loco.
Hmm thats a bit homocentric of you
Captain
# 37
04-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Hmm thats a bit homocentric of you
Oh, if Spock could tolerate all the humans, we should not have problems with all the aliens
Captain
# 38
04-09-2013, 06:19 AM
I can't remember which forum thread it was in, but there was a thread that described the bust slider in more detail.

Summary of that thread: It's not the slider. It's the shape of each tit. He called it the "boob sock" effect, and that's what makes the bust look odd since that shape rarely occurs in real life.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 39
04-09-2013, 09:56 AM
A lot of the complaints likely comes on looks in some outfits I imagine. I know mine are made smallish, not the minimum, but they look pretty clevagtastic in some dresses. I think on the lowest end of the slider you probably have real world average, you just can't make below average to small.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Commander
# 40
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Studies show that contrary to popular belief, female players enjoy making sexy avatars.

It makes sense. We have a desire to be attractive. Why would be choose not to in a virtual world as well?

Leave my boobs alone!

Edit: And it does allow flat chested females. The lowest setting is smaller then my 12 year old daughter. Seems to me somebody can't handle the female form...
you got that right the character creator has never done good for females. The legs look like 2 by 4's and the hips at max are not even average.

The character creator needs a total makeover for both female and male characters.