Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
In general this is how it will turn out....

Take Deep Space K-7 or whatever it is... put Federation Squads there and if Klingons enter, they have to fight. (Both Terrains)

Also Take Starbase 24 and other starbases like Worf 347, Regulus, etc. etc....

It is really simple... just 1: allow or 2: make the change and allow.
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Commander
# 2
04-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
In general this is how it will turn out....

Take Deep Space K-7 or whatever it is... put Federation Squads there and if Klingons enter, they have to fight. (Both Terrains)

Also Take Starbase 24 and other starbases like Worf 347, Regulus, etc. etc....

It is really simple... just 1: allow or 2: make the change and allow.
I would LOVE to perform raids on neighboring federation systems!
Career Officer
# 3
04-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Prob a silly question but:

Why didn you suggest any KDF maps for this? I mean, if you are ok with FED maps being raidable, you should be fine with the same vice versa?

Otherwise, what you are talking about, is not to add more maps, but to allow for you and others like yo to get griefer access.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 4
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Prob a silly question but:

Why didn you suggest any KDF maps for this? I mean, if you are ok with FED maps being raidable, you should be fine with the same vice versa?

Otherwise, what you are talking about, is not to add more maps, but to allow for you and others like yo to get griefer access.
Klingons are the PVP faction of the game.

Enough said.
Career Officer
# 5
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Klingons are the PVP faction of the game.

Enough said.
So Grief... Thanks... All I wanted to know
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
So Grief... Thanks... All I wanted to know
I believe the original poster was referring to territorial battles, something the pvp crowd has been wanting for a long time. If the response you get isn't from the OP then I wouldn't pay attention to it.
Career Officer
# 7
04-09-2013, 08:14 AM
SWToR, PotBS and WoW have/had similar mechanics for PvP flagging and world raiding iirc.

In WoW (for the brief time I tried it out, about 40 levels), you would be flagged for PvP as you entered an opposing faction's zone, and all the NPCs, including mission givers, would be hostile (and hard as nails). Players from the faction you are invading this way have the *option* of flagging themselves for PvP to attack you, but the best systems are set up with fail safes so there is no way to accidentally be flagged just because someone is Flagged near you (from either faction).

SWtoR had an issue where if you even clicked on an opposite faction member who was PvP flagged, you would be flagged (because clicking initialized an attack - no dialogue to say "are you sure you want to PvP?"). This resulted in exploits where one low level person would stealth directly in front of a door or interaction object, and as you went to click the object, they would be revealed because you were so close to them - accidentally clicking on them instead of the door, and flagging you. Then their friends would hop through the door to you and grief your corpse. Another nasty trick from games with open-world PvP is to join a group PvP flagged. If somone in that group buffs you or heals you, they get flagged too - and then your friends from the opposite faction show up and kill them all. So there are pitfalls to avoid for any open world PvP flag system. If done right, however, it can be very rewarding - but only if it is VERY hard to actually flag yourself, and impossible to do so accidentally.

A lot of these kinds of systems deal with Temporary Enemy Flags (TEFs) too, which I do dearly miss. With TEFs, you can apply layers to this kind of voluntary open world raid/PvP option. The first layer is PvE only, with minor rewards for taking out a territory, etc. The second Tier PvP flags you and you fight both the NPCs and any Players who chose to help, usually victory this way grants greater reward (or control of a location). So a TEF might occur when you attack a particular kind of NPC, which then gives you an automatic PvP TEF for a short time, or in some more complex systems, a TEF that only flags you for anyone who saw your action.

That's all amalgamated from several games' systems, but some kind of tiered PvE and PvP open world zone control gameplay would be nice to see. Particularly if they get all the fail safes right (making it hard to actually PvP flag yourself)
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 04-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
This resulted in exploits where one low level person would stealth directly in front of a door or interaction object, and as you went to click the object, they would be revealed because you were so close to them - accidentally clicking on them instead of the door, and flagging you. Then their friends would hop through the door to you and grief your corpse.
This has Klingon written all over it
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Or make a pvp map similiar to otha and Ker'rat for Pvpers

.. all we need is to duplicate the map..

Space Objectives:

Kill X players
Kill Y npc ship
Defend the ground pvpers so they can get within X distance of the target to beam over.

Or turn K-7 and Galanda (sp?) into targetable starbases like that one in the roomiee sector block. Before the grounders can beam over it needs to be at 0% health.

Ground Objective:

Kill X players
Capture Commander Wildman / General... w/e.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
While I do like the realism aspect towards this, as a supposed 'tactful' Imperial Empire
Commander (actually Brigadier-General for gameplay purposes) my Gorn really should have
the choice between actual PvP or PvE. Hell, I'm even hoping that Cryptic will implement an
option for Defection or Neutrality based reputation systems in the future for both viable factions.