Lt. Commander
# 391
04-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Uh you realize Atari owned Cryptic before PWE and it's why we had a year of barely any updates, and so fourth?

PWE has put A LOT of money and resources into Cryptic Studios, STO in general, to get them to where they are now. You may not like the fact they want money, but so does ANY business and I'm very happy they purchased CS from Atari. It's flourishing because of them!

You can't be put on silence with 1 person being upset. It takes a few more than just 1 person/report.

However, If you feel you were unfairly chat banned, File a ticket. Sure they might not be able to do anything about your 24hr ban, BUT if it really is the same group of people that continually do it after awhile the reports will reflect that and actions will be taken against them (Because as we all know, abusing any system is against the rules too )
Nice nice I have question for comod. Would you ever in your life buy or used 25 yrs old car with 300000km if salesman convince you that everything is ok and that you are perfectly safe for very fast speeds (200km/h) ?
This exactly cryptic with perfect world (PW got money because their are based in Hong Kong it means not much demanding and large number of customers) , in the future everything with this game will be "if you don like don't play" ,game is obsolete from the beginning , concept linear without any choice , without any ideas so on and on and on. After this text I will be again warned my post erased , cause i have idea that this game can be good stable(without billion of bugs) by any means better.
In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
Captain
# 392
04-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
This would be a clear form of harassment and said users involved would ultimately be in serious trouble. Just fair warning.
yea right ....a guy was silenced for a week ,everyday.He wrote and ticket and the useless support told him "we cant do nothing about that" .In this game to be banned you have to have go on esd as kdf and have fun...s*** that affect your account directly are fine ,but if you kill Ensign Lessa...then you are screwed

Quote:
(Because as we all know, abusing any system is against the rules too )
anything that can be abused WILL be abused.That is how humans work and no rule will stop that.Is like "from no on who will use oxygen will go to jail" ....well ,many people will go to jail.

People are not in game to decide what is spam and what is not spam.Ignore should not chat ban people but it does.

To be noted : I am against of any types of ban for anyone doing anything.People should never log in a game and invest in it being under the constant threat of ban for X or Y (some people are trollish...and like to screw others ,thast their game style or way to get fun and I dont mind that aslong they dont have the tools to ban my account for X hours ).When this exploitable system will be fixed no one will abuse it thus no one will have to be "banned " or whatever punnishement for exploits is.

Last edited by adrianm63; 04-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 393
04-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Well it happened to me last night... Someone was making out they needed help in tribble with ships and what to do, like the good person I am I decided to try and help, next thing I know I have this message saying I cannot post for 24 hours!!

First thing why 24 hours, second thing why punish the people that have done nothing wrong...

I sent in countless tickets to CRAPTIC, and nothing... I have Branflakes email addy, again NOTHING!

However I have got round it by chatting to my fleet through message of the day! It makes them laugh..

This does need to be removed, ignoring people is all you need to do, giving the person a 24 hour chat ban is crazy...

I could rant on here all day long, however I am just getting more fed up with the game day by day.

Servers keep dropping people, and now a ban for helping someone, this is not what good looks like!

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Commander
# 394
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Just keep saying to yourself:

"Working as designed."

This is the answer we got when last time Cryptic talked to us over in CO like 9 months ago. And they absolutely will not remove it. Despite it being used as a way to harass people.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Career Officer
I hopped on real quick to check my DOFF missions. And i accidentally linked the console i got from a mission in ZONE twice and was silenced for it. The BUG is the fact if you log into another character fleet chat doesnt show up in yer list of chat channels. You have to manually RESET everything. NOW I AM SILENCED FOR LINKING THE ITEM TWICE NOT KNOWING I WAS DOING IT IN ZONE. YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO FIX THAT STUPID THING OR I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE OR SPEND MY MONEY ON IT.

Really, you guys and as GM's and Whatever you do, need to read our ticketsl, and investigate why someone was silenced, and let them be un-silnced for such a STUPID reason.

And before anybody goes off on WHY this happens, please, keep in mind this is my thousand fricken time being silenced for this, i run a fleet, i cannot be silenced for such stupid reasons. IT is going to drive my WALLET, and TIME to another COMPANY and game.

AND PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO SUBMIT A TICKET TO SUPPORT. UN SILENCE ME!

Last edited by tamujiin; 04-09-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 396
04-09-2013, 08:14 AM
First off: lose the caps. It doesn't help your case.

Secondly: it was your fellow players who put you on ignore, triggering the silence. Were they overzealous for something as trivial as linking an item twice in zone chat? Yes, absolutely.

Thirdly: while GMs can theoretically do something about it, the silence lasts 24 hours and it seems that it is almost always over before they can do an investigation on it.

Many, many people have had the same thing happen to them and it is very frustrating. I definitely sympathize. There have been a number of solutions offered to the devs such as only silencing from zone, local, and subscribed channels, but not fleet, friends, mails, or private tells. Hopefully the devs will do something about this in the near future.

If you want to ensure that something is going to fleet chat, type /fleet before your message.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 397
04-09-2013, 09:03 AM
FIRST OFF I WONT LOSE THE CAPS BECAUSE I AM MAD! AND CAPS IS A WAY TO SHOW YOU ARE MAD ON THE INTERWEBS! ( jk )

Second it was from ZONE CHAT. I should not have to type extra commands to make sure the message goes to the right chat, that is just plain stupid. The game should work like any other MMO, if Cryptic dont want the money i spend, thats fine i am sure Zenimax, or The makers of Guild Wars 2, or some other MMO would probably appreciate my money more.

This is the most stupid thing i have seen in any MMO, and cryptic really needs to fix it or address it. it is obviously a way for griefers to grief. How many people are just sitting around waiting to exploit this, Do you know how FRUSTRATING it is dealing with such a stupid rule?

Yah sure i have been silenced for telling someone their fleet sucks, or that they do.... those are fine reasons and i can live with that.

Not linking an item in zone chat on accident twice.

And then someone offers some lame advice like make sure you type /fleet.

This shouldn't be MY problem, Cryptic should FIX these problems, it isnt that hard.
Career Officer
# 398
04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamujiin View Post
FIRST OFF I WONT LOSE THE CAPS BECAUSE I AM MAD! AND CAPS IS A WAY TO SHOW YOU ARE MAD ON THE INTERWEBS! ( jk )

Second it was from ZONE CHAT. I should not have to type extra commands to make sure the message goes to the right chat, that is just plain stupid. The game should work like any other MMO, if Cryptic dont want the money i spend, thats fine i am sure Zenimax, or The makers of Guild Wars 2, or some other MMO would probably appreciate my money more.

This is the most stupid thing i have seen in any MMO, and cryptic really needs to fix it or address it. it is obviously a way for griefers to grief. How many people are just sitting around waiting to exploit this, Do you know how FRUSTRATING it is dealing with such a stupid rule?

Yah sure i have been silenced for telling someone their fleet sucks, or that they do.... those are fine reasons and i can live with that.

This shouldn't be MY problem, Cryptic should FIX these problems, it isnt that hard.
If you've been silenced a "thousand" times (hyperbole, I'm sure) then Occam's razor suggests you are doing something wrong. The system was designed to prevent gold sellers from running amok and in that respect they've done their job.

If you don't like our advice, then don't do it. But if you continue to get silenced ad infinitum then no one is going to feel sorry for you. STO is free-to-play so you can always come back later should you decide to go play those other games.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Captain
# 399
04-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
If you've been silenced a "thousand" of times (hyperbole, I'm sure) then Occam's razor suggests you are doing something wrong.
So people are now in game as moderators ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
If you don't like our advice, then don't do it. But if you continue to get silenced ad infinitum then no one is going to feel sorry for you. STO is free-to-play so you can always come back later should you decide to go play those other games.
So if people roleplay God and ban other people no one will feel sorry?Can you speak for yourself?
Lt. Commander
# 400
04-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamujiin View Post

The original idea was to silence gold spammer. This is what it is for. Now, we are talking about 10 players? (I think it was 10 I don't know the exact number but I read other thread it was 10) report you, then you are silence.

One solution (Cryptic side): the silence system should only silence Zone, local and non-friend tells. This should be easy to implement (I assume it is easy)

The other solution (user side) setup an chat channel with fleet, team, tells but not local and zone. I have done this and only pop into zone if I'm looking for something. That way I don't accidentally link or say something to get me silence. This is the solution many poster offer to the current system. It is not pretty, but it is working until Cryptic decides to change their side.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.