Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
04-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlim View Post
Wow... that's disturbing xD

Thank you anyway, I'm happy to see that this has been stressed a lot.
Obviously not knowing their economic strategy I can't figure out why they have not already put their hands on this very urgent matter.

But they do. So Cyrptic if you are out there, this is a remiiiiiiindeeeeeeer!!

Yeah its just sad, this PvP system has so much potential to grow and We'd love to see it improved!!!

OOps, even I start to sound like Cryptic now after 3 years, i can suddenly understand what they are going through :/

LOL
Lieutenant
# 12
04-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
OOps, even I start to sound like Cryptic now after 3 years, i can suddenly understand what they are going through :/

LOL
he is a cryptic employee!!! catch him... maybe alive!!!
there will be an exchange this noon. pvp-content vs employee ;..;
Empire Veteran
# 13
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
when i said dev foundry, i meant there version of it, not the apparently much more limited version we have access too. i doubt for any of their games there will be a pvp player foundry.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 14
04-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Just thinking out loud:

- What about a pvp game mode where you have to compete with the enemy faction in order to get to something first, and it's played both in space and ground.

e.g.: FED and KDF start in a space map where they have to reach the position of a huge stranded tholian (or whatever) ship. The faction that first succedes in activating, say three prompts (of course not called like that), without being interrupted and overwhelmed by the other faction, succeeds in getting inside the ship first and therefore wins and upstart in the subsequent map.
As soon as that happens there's a transition to a ground map (stranded ship's interior) where the faction that won before is in defensive position around the great piece of technology that has to retrieve and has to, again complete some lengthy prompts to win, while the other faction has to reach it and wipe them out to take it for themselves. But, hey, watch out for random tholian shock troops still around the ship trying to defend themselves and push away all the invaders!! That could very well disrupt either of the two factions, and both!

Would you like something like that? Does it look possible from a developer point of view? (Personally I don't see why not).

Captain
# 15
04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
All the ideas are lovely, however I dont think that Cryptic remembers how their PvP code works anymore, will be hard to add new maps etc new game modes
Captain
# 16
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Why do people want new (space) maps? It's not like people use terrain or anything - most of the time everyone ends up on the ceiling anyway.

Now, new mechanics, like capture the flag, might be interesting. On the other hand, nobody ever played the old assault maps.
But having a more complex terrain (e.g., an asteroid field or something) could make for some very interesting pvp. Spiraling up, resulting in the buggy ceiling (a problem that really neesd to be fixed) would be discouraged by the environment itself. The battlefield, in other words, can profoundly affect strategy.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Lieutenant
# 17
04-11-2013, 09:58 AM
with the rommys being released they should make a 3 way CnH between the factions.........................,at the very least..they can do that. Arenas would just cause mass gank with alliances made on the battlefield.