Captain
# 21
04-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
45-50 hours a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
You probably get paid for most of that time though, how much time do you play STO off the clock?

I probably get in 2-3 hours a day, more if something interesting is going on.
Yeah... you do realize he basically said "3-4 hours a day", right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 22
04-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Rapt tracks how much time people play Star Trek Online
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 23
04-09-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't play all that much these days. I maybe get an hour or two in per day when I am more active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Yeah... you do realize he basically said "3-4 hours a day", right?
"45-50 hours a week" is either 9-10 hours of work in a five day work week, or about 6-7 hours over seven days. So where does "3-4 hours a day" come in?
Career Officer
# 24
04-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Depends on how annoyed my Wife is at me for spending time on it, since she thinks "computer games" are pointless.
Then again, I think that the badly written repetetive garbage soaps that she likes are pointless.

Anyway, STO time usually:

Approximately one hour before work in the morning
Around 30 - 35mins at lunchtime (as usually return home for lunch)
Evenings vary - can sometimes manage about an hour, but depends on what housework needs doing and how iritable the wife is about my being on the computer in the first place.
Weekends: Can sometimes manage a couple of hours online depending on what other commitments I/we have.

In honesty, my best bet for spending any meaningful time on STO is taking a day off work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 25
04-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Approximately five months ago, I had four level fifty avatars. I ended up buying more avatars slots. Since three of my avatars had serious expertise issues, I was not able to move them through the reputation system. As a result of not being able to find an easy solution, I decided it was time to delete all three avatars. I am now down to one avatar.

Before I liquidated the three avatars, I use to play "Star Trek: Online" every evening. I am now down to a few hours a day.

Excessive grinding, fleet politics, and resource issues have tainted my experience, so I am playing less and less every week. Once the new expansion is in place, I am going to build a Romulan and KDF.

*fingers crossed*

I hope the new upgrade rejuvenates my experience.

Last edited by linyive; 04-09-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Rihannsu
# 26
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Been playing since headstart.
  • Played for around a year outside of Steam / not using Raptr.
  • Bought STO through Steam and started playing through there, it currently has logged 3,104 hours.
  • Started using Raptr last year when STO did the promo, its showing me at 2,977 hours.

Not sure why there's a discrepancy between the Steam and Raptr numbers., it's not an issue unique to STO.

I haven't been playing STO much recently; new games Tomb Raider and SimCity have taken a lot of time, and I've decided to return to Hitman Absolution to finish off achievements/challenges. (Hint hint STO devs, need accolades etc to be public.)

This will likely change in May though when LoR lands.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Captain
# 27
04-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I don't play all that much these days. I maybe get an hour or two in per day when I am more active.

"45-50 hours a week" is either 9-10 hours of work in a five day work week, or about 6-7 hours over seven days. So where does "3-4 hours a day" come in?
Bah, I used the wrong formula. Never mind...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 28
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Lieutenant
# 29
04-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Depends on how annoyed my Wife is at me for spending time on it, since she thinks "computer games" are pointless.
Then again, I think that the badly written repetetive garbage soaps that she likes are pointless.

Anyway, STO time usually:

Approximately one hour before work in the morning
Around 30 - 35mins at lunchtime (as usually return home for lunch)
Evenings vary - can sometimes manage about an hour, but depends on what housework needs doing and how iritable the wife is about my being on the computer in the first place.
Weekends: Can sometimes manage a couple of hours online depending on what other commitments I/we have.

In honesty, my best bet for spending any meaningful time on STO is taking a day off work.
Reyan - This is pretty much how it works at my house also. If she's not up or in the house, and I have nothing to do in the evenings or mornings, I play.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Well, let's see...

1,159 days subscribed...

on average 4 - 5 hours per day...

Minus a month or two in the summer, depending on work...

=

More time than I care to admit.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada