Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
So how many are gonna re-roll a KDF toon to play those rewashed fed missions ?
...and the handful of new ones that legitimize the future neglect the KDF will suffer for the the Romulan content development ?
*Raises hand* I already have a new Gorn idea picked out, just waiting to be used. My son loves Klingons and we're going to do the entire updated KDF series together.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 04-09-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Captain
# 12
04-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Considering we're supposed to be at war with the Federation, we sure do spend a lot of time dealing with Romulan issues...
Klingons are always at war with everyone, including each other.

By end-game the Fed/KDF war is essentially in cease-fire. The two groups are working together against the bigger threat the Borg impose.

So what you really have is a war in the first 15-20 levels, then you start to realize there's bigger problems in the galaxy then just Feds and KDF angry at each other.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 13
04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
So what you really have is a war in the first 15-20 levels, then you start to realize there's bigger problems in the galaxy then just Feds and KDF angry at each other.
This will be nice, and is exactly what we've been hoping for. I guess I'm still just concerned it won't be clarified in game with both mission text and actions.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Rihannsu
# 14
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Interesting on those screen shots. The Hassan the Undying guy is from the 2409 storyline as the one who killed the last leader of the Orions so that the current one could take over and ultimately ally with the KDF. Nice see more of the 2409 timeline stuff make it into the game.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 15
04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Klingons are always at war with everyone, including each other.

By end-game the Fed/KDF war is essentially in cease-fire. The two groups are working together against the bigger threat the Borg impose.

Exactly. The low level content is not really for us high level KDF but for those whom wish to try it and to put our place in the STO story so the move from "angry KDF fighting feds" to endgame working against the greater threat makes sense.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 16
04-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Interesting on those screen shots. The Hassan the Undying guy is from the 2409 storyline as the one who killed the last leader of the Orions so that the current one could take over and ultimately ally with the KDF. Nice see more of the 2409 timeline stuff make it into the game.
Hmm. This could be all kinds of interesting. Never Did trust that Melani. Perhaps we will see she has an ulterior motive in joining the Noble Klingon Empire. Orions are a Treacherous lot, we must never forget that.

All and All, I am Happy with what I am seeing. Glad to see KDf is finally getting fleshed out, and can't wait to see what the actual storylines will be.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
04-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
So how many are gonna re-roll a KDF toon to play those rewashed fed missions ?
...and the handful of new ones that legitimize the future neglect the KDF will suffer for the the Romulan content development ?
I fully intend to re-roll a KDF, I just still have my doubts wheather it should be a Klingon science officer or a Nausicaan pirate.

And I don't think anyone will suffer from neglect any longer at least when talking about content and things to do. Sure, the KDF and the RR might get less ships annualy than the Feds., but that doesn't necessarily trouble me much as long as we and the Rommies get them on regular basis. Hell, we have ship disparity now and yet my KDF ships never failed to get the job done.
But, talking about content, I don't think any faction will suffer a particular drought after LoR. The devs. have been busy, they rearanged the whole storyline in STO up till a moment when all factions content is intertwined so every faction can have it's bit of uniqueness and different pov on things, but the end game is mutual and so will be the following content.

Anyway, I really like what I'm seeing here and I can't wait to try out all of it. It feels so nice to see the KDF getting better treatment and starting to shape up as a full faction.
Exciting times to be a part of STO!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 18
04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I actually have several made toons at 22 looking forward to it and I plan to make new ones as well.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 19
04-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I fully intend to re-roll a KDF, I just still have my doubts wheather it should be a Klingon science officer or a Nausicaan pirate.

<snip>
Ya, sorry if I was so negative but something cosmic1 said yesterday is slowly sinking in and eroding what little hope I've been clinging to that STO will become the game I've imagined it has the potential to be. Notice I said game. My hope for a quailty sim has evaporated overnight with the knowledge the STO shares noting but a name with Star Trek canon. Romulans do nothing for me nor does the bottom filling of remastered fed missions into the toon leveling scheme.
What bothers me is the complete lack of end-game additions and the homogination of any and all faction specific hardware as well as any dev thinking my gaming experience will miraculously become joyful again when I start another character from scratch.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 20
04-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Ya, sorry if I was so negative but something cosmic1 said yesterday is slowly sinking in and eroding what little hope I've been clinging to that STO will become the game I've imagined it has the potential to be.
Don't you be blaming me. I'm innocent I tell you. Innocent!

STO is it's own canon. It's like a novel, movie, or comic. It borrows from canon and then makes whatever changes it deems necessary - and that CBS will allow. It's never going to be some perfect Trek ideal. The problem with the Trek ideal is that there's no such thing. People who say they love Trek will tell you how much Enterprise or Voyager sucked and how they hardly ever watched it. They dismiss anything they don't like as non or soft canon and keep on going - such as the new movies. Trek is millions of fans in different camps completely dismissing the other camps that don't fit into their ideologies.

STO spends it time trying to make everyone happy. It's all about fan-boyism - try and keep as many players as happy as possible so that they can keep paying money. The problem is all those fan-boys want something different - back on that Trek ideology thing. When you try and please two different camps you have clashing canon.

STO is never going to be anyone's Trek ideal. It's just STO: it's own canon loosely based on many different parts of the originals. I can accept that, just as I can accept a new series or movie. I love Trek for what it represents, not what it is.