Lieutenant
# 181
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
With suppressive fire being of diminished usefulness in the near future, combined with the buff to the covert trait..it appears cryptic wants all the tactical officers ingame to be dirty gankers
Commander
# 182
04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I suspect we'll have to do some fairly extensive testing and re-learning of the game, come Season 8. Until that point, I'd suggest shelving balance concerns (including the one that I posted regarding suppressing fire) and focusing on issues that negatively impact the game now and will continue to do so in the same ways Season 8 if not changed, such as chain-disables, ineffective control resistance, pathing issues, invisible walls / missing walls, mismatches between power description and effect, kit cycling, etc.
Captain
# 183
04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Agreed .
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lt. Commander
# 184
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Knockback immunity not providing a shorter knockback!
This post suggests that immunities might function in such a manner: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=7

We were informed that the immunities might not prevent additional knockbacks, but rather reduce the timeframe of the next knockback. Currently immunities are not functioning in such a way either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYBzC2tM7Q

The same goes for hold resistance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDSbY60j-Q

The Stun Pistol's secondary does however proc a true immunity to additional stuns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpP9M_O8nhg

There are a few more examples of this. Furthermore willpower is not consistent in its counter to different effects. It either works or does not work at all.

We have also tested pounce and have found that it knockbacks 100% of the time, instead of the 80% listed in the tooltip.
Captain
# 185
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Just keeping the thread alive
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 186
04-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Okay. I will admit the Temporal Stun guns are an issue. Whether in STF, or a story mission, the Temporal Stun guns cause the stunned enemy to be entirely immune to damage. Quite obviously, this has been used for trolling to Academy Event. Freeze the holograms, and that person is now unable to kill them.

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
The Alien power Psionic push could use a buff, willpower all but negates it totally. The damage could be buffed to match pounce and up the knockdown to 100%. Also could be 80% through shields and have cooldown reduced to match that of pounce. Of course, some people will complain, but that is what pounce has.

I just noticed again how underpowered and useless psionic push still is. It used to be a pretty good trait before willpower and unpushable borg.

Which brings up the idea of C-store traits? Let us pay for more powerful traits without having to play a race we don't like or all be the same race.

I purchased the Catian race but do not like them, so pay to win mentality says let me put pounce and feline instincts on my alien or get upgrades psionic push to match it?

Also PBKB shields were nice before willpower made their effect non existent.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 04-08-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 188
04-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
The Alien power Psionic push could use a buff, willpower all but negates it totally. The damage could be buffed to match pounce and up the knockdown to 100%. Also could be 80% through shields and have cooldown reduced to match that of pounce. Of course, some people will complain, but that is what pounce has.

I just noticed again how underpowered and useless psionic push still is. It used to be a pretty good trait before willpower and unpushable borg.
Are you referring to Telekinesis? If so, I have to say that I duel quite often with a science officer in my fleet with that power and it knocks me back consistently and for a very long distance, disabling me for enough seconds to put me in disadvantage. As the one in the receiving end, and with 6 points in Willpower, I don't think it's underpowered at all.
Republic Veteran
# 189
04-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Are you referring to Telekinesis? If so, I have to say that I duel quite often with a science officer in my fleet with that power and it knocks me back consistently and for a very long distance, disabling me for enough seconds to put me in disadvantage. As the one in the receiving end, and with 6 points in Willpower, I don't think it's underpowered at all.
More tongue-in-cheek response to Catian traits that are supposedly balanced.

And if racial traits are 'pay for an advantage' as some are saying about Catians then we could have more options and purchasable traits for all species. Why should P2W be restricted to just cats on ground?

Just throwing out thoughts and ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 190
04-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
More tongue-in-cheek response to Catian traits that are supposedly balanced.

And if racial traits are 'pay for an advantage' as some are saying about Catians then we could have more options and purchasable traits for all species. Why should P2W be restricted to just cats on ground?

Just throwing out thoughts and ideas.
"I've never trusted Caitians, and I never will. I've never forgiven them, for the death of my ground PvP."