Captain
# 31
04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I told zone that chat banning someone for placing fleet ads was rude... Was chatbanned.

Then there was that one time I asked for help in zone chat. Was Chatbanned.

And then there was a time I ignored a random friend request.
Captain
# 32
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Zone is just terribad. I bet everyone's just banning everyone else in there. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Rihannsu
# 33
04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
was in fleet chat with my own fleet, which I was at the time a senior member of, one of our newer recruits asked if I wanted to join their CGE run, I said "No, thanks" and they and two other new recruits /ignored me.

I wonder where we found those guys.
Career Officer
# 34
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
All of them....
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Commander
# 35
04-09-2013, 01:36 AM
The best ignore I suffered that I can think of offhand wasn't in this game. I was in a five-man dungeon group, struggling to get past the first boss of the dungeon. At some point during the fight, while we're all floating ideas for how to adjust our approach, I randomly say "less QQ moar pew pew."

Needless to say, one of our group members instantly takes offense, and immediately launches into some diatribe about how elitist I and everyone else in the group was, before rage quitting the group and putting us all on ignore...because I said "less QQ moar pew pew" to no one in particular.

Long story short, we finished the five-man dungeon with four players, and all had a great time clapping each other on the back at the end and rejoicing in how elite we were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ndor99 View Post
Got on someone's wrong side when i explained that because my toon is female.... im not! Bam! Straight to ignore list
I can't say I would disagree with a policy of blindly ignoring manginas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
Some RPers are just elitist. New people have to submit to a hazing and off-topic people get insta-bans. I haven't been able to find a new group I like yet.
It's odd; I find some of the most elitist players I come across to be the same type of people who whine on forums about how elitist they feel other players are, or how inspect and similar features lead to discrimination. Meanwhile, allegedly "elitist" players tend to be as welcoming and congenial as possible, provided you're not a mouthbreather looking to be carried.

Last edited by millimidget; 04-09-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Captain
# 36
04-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Got ignored by newbies now and then for chatting in Doffjobs.

(In case you aren't familiar with the place, it's basically a social chat channel for doffers, there are specific channels just for assignment callouts that were created especially so doffjobs can be used for casual chat).
Survivor of Remus
# 37
04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I'll be honest. Im a Elitist.
We aren't that bad, we can get a little aggressive when we wanna tell u what is better to use. For instance, Phaser>Tet. Ive actualy had ppl argue with me over energytypes saying X is better then Y. With Absolutly no proof. The second I provide math /ignore.

And as an elitist. if you are trying OK. Ppl who need to be carried, if they speak up, say they aren't geared, or havnt done it b4. Ill probably carry their weight. I have a problem when, someone comes in, and just follows the group, doesn't res anyone, doesn't talk, doesn't Do anything except randomly fire at things. Then when I say, Does everyone know how to beat the boss. Then the 1 guy who did nothing the whole match just starts yelling at me for asking.

That has happened 5 times atleast.

Moral of the Story: Elitists aren't mean, unless, ur not doing enough. When someone stops for no reason to start yelling, they aren't an elitist. They are an a******, who doesn't know how to play. A lot of elitists know info and are pretty chill unless ur just doing nothing. Ill be honest, I love a guy who needs to be carried, and is honest about it. It makes it a little harder, more fun for me, and generally, it isn't a big deal.
Career Officer
# 38
04-09-2013, 12:31 PM
For merely existing.
----
Captain
# 39
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Got myself ignored once for making the argument that Carriers aren't cruisers with pets....
Republic Veteran
# 40
04-09-2013, 12:55 PM
A Bajoran once put me on /ignore while I was playing Dabo on Drozana...at least she first politely explained that she made a policy of putting all Cardassians on /ignore. That's roleplay taken a bit too far in my world.