Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 1 For B rel pilots :(
04-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Just want to get your impressions on post breen "fix"

My experience has been pretty disappointing. prior to patch i felt the breen was the only thing keeping torp boats relevent in pvp. lets face it, even mkxii transphasics with hy3 do basicly nothing to players at the rate you can fire them. now that we lost the large spike from the cluster and the rediculous autotarget/fomm everyone spams as soon as you are exposed, the bang you used to get from the breen hitting (when it does, again, autotarget as soon as its deployed less than 1km away) is just terribly neutered.

i dunno, i feel the brel will be funneled into being your basic alpha bo crf shockwave build.

again we are being railroaded into one setup. just my opinion on the state of the torp boat atm.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 107
# 2
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
As a B'rel pilot myself, I use a tachyon deflector with KHG shields and engines for the 2 piece bonus to torps. Still very effective with Harg'peng torpedos and quantums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 3
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
and how are you defacing sheilds with torps?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,546
# 4
04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Never really used the breen all that much on my brels.... switch to quantums and profit.

Phasics don't have the killing power no matter the shield pen. The cluster eh... my torp boat worked fine before it got good. There was a time it miss fired 8 times out of 10. At least now if you really must run it it fires.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 5
04-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsupreme79 View Post
Just want to get your impressions on post breen "fix"

My experience has been pretty disappointing. prior to patch i felt the breen was the only thing keeping torp boats relevent in pvp. lets face it, even mkxii transphasics with hy3 do basicly nothing to players at the rate you can fire them. now that we lost the large spike from the cluster and the rediculous autotarget/fomm everyone spams as soon as you are exposed, the bang you used to get from the breen hitting (when it does, again, autotarget as soon as its deployed less than 1km away) is just terribly neutered.

i dunno, i feel the brel will be funneled into being your basic alpha bo crf shockwave build.

again we are being railroaded into one setup. just my opinion on the state of the torp boat atm.
Are we talking about cheap Brel with transphasic spamming? lulz.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,189
# 6
04-09-2013, 01:08 PM
what breen fix?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 7
04-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Are we talking about cheap Brel with transphasic spamming? lulz.
im guessing you find it "cheap" because it kills you and hadnt found a counter to it.

its a solid spike build with breen 2 piece set, or it was a solid spike build.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 8
04-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Never really used the breen all that much on my brels.... switch to quantums and profit.

Phasics don't have the killing power no matter the shield pen. The cluster eh... my torp boat worked fine before it got good. There was a time it miss fired 8 times out of 10. At least now if you really must run it it fires.
again, how are you stripping sheilds with quantums....are you using all quantums? etc

do tell, as im finding trans pretty lacking at this point. if ound the breen worked wonders and caused extreme rage because of people huge investment in sheild stacking. by bypassing that, it gave many hours of rage joyfullness.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 9
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm only using the Cluster torpedo, and have only played with the the Rapid reload a few times.

Current fore weapons:
Quantum - Bio-neural - Breen Cluster - Hargh'Peng

Aft:
Omega - Chroniton

HY3 only affects Quantum on my fore. On my own, it can strip shields on unsuspecting targets and I have one-volleyed people before. When I'm supporting someone else, the quantums can punch through a weakened shield face and do significant hull damage.

Oddly enough, my kills shots are usually from the Hargh'Peng's secondary explosion. Everything else just assists with hammering shields and hull low enough for the Hargh'Peng to finish them off.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 10
04-09-2013, 01:51 PM
i find for any torpedeo boats i like to have a least on harg'pang on the front and plasma torpedeos but not withi hi yead boff power and turrets on the aft distrupor, aniproton, distruptor-polorons or mk 12 tretyons
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.