Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 61
04-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
Good maybe that get fed players to stop hiding in FvF queues and come out and fight the Klingons and their Romulan underlings.
Lol! I think this is going to simply kill FvF pvp as well. *sigh* Maybe the game will be better off then, they can concentrate on creating balanced items for PvE then (mbuahahahah! like balance in any form is in anyone's mind over at Cryptic!!lololol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
Good maybe that get fed players to stop hiding in FvF queues and come out and fight the Klingons and their Romulan underlings.
Or they could do a fed vs romulan battle in the FvF queues by having pre-made 5 man Fed-romulan team hop in the queue followed by a non romulan pre-made 5 man team in the queue as well.

Now the feds can pvp another faction while completely ignoring the kdf.
Empire Veteran
# 63
04-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Or they could do a fed vs romulan battle in the FvF queues by having pre-made 5 man Fed-romulan team hop in the queue followed by a non romulan pre-made 5 man team in the queue as well.

Now the feds can pvp another faction while completely ignoring the kdf.
Where will they hide if they find the RSE ships "OP"?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
# 64
04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
My SFC2 and SFC3 Romulan fleet was allied with the Klingons and so shall my STO Romulan Fleet. We reigned supreme there and we shall reign supreme here as well.

Klingon Honor Guard.... Keep your ears open some very old allies are coming back.
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levdarken View Post
My SFC2 and SFC3 Romulan fleet was allied with the Klingons and so shall my STO Romulan Fleet. We reigned supreme there and we shall reign supreme here as well.

Klingon Honor Guard.... Keep your ears open some very old allies are coming back.
Encouraging news , I hope more returning, new players make the same choice.
Lieutenant
# 66
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Just for the record - he WASN'T kidding about Danny boy's promises. He has a LONG track record:

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios

'Nuff said ....
Commander
# 67
04-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
They won't join the KDF. Feds have more missions/ships/customization/items.
Cryptic knows this.
Missions... the Romulans have their own and won't be doing Fed missions at all.

Ships, yeah, maybe.

Customization, Romulans aren't allowed to wear Federation uniforms or use Federation races.

Items. The KDF has better consoles.

I'm a little surprised that more people haven't realized that the majority of the Federation's advantages will be a non-issue to a Romulan player.
Career Officer
# 68
04-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Missions... the Romulans have their own and won't be doing Fed missions at all.

Ships, yeah, maybe.

Customization, Romulans aren't allowed to wear Federation uniforms or use Federation races.

Items. The KDF has better consoles.

I'm a little surprised that more people haven't realized that the majority of the Federation's advantages will be a non-issue to a Romulan player.
It isn't the content and its certainly not the ships for the die-hard Romulan fan. Much of the decision will boil down to home fleets. We've had three years with a fleet on one faction or another. This will be the deciding factor. Time will show who the die-hard Romulan fans are, just as it has with the Klingon fan. The new toons will hit lvl 50 and players will have a shiny new Warbird. Once the newness and inherent difficulties of being an effective commander in a space tank as big as a D'Deridex cruiser sets in, you'll see Romulans going back to their old toons.

I am personally leaving my main toon to play a Romulan. It was my desire from day one. I have been in a fleet family for three years, that is what is deciding the alliance choice for my Romulan character.
Ensign
# 69
04-07-2013, 09:19 PM
I, for one, am a stalwart Federation Player who will be bringing my Romulan to the KDF side and I KNOW that I am not the only one, so do not lose hope.
Community Moderator
# 70
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I love it.

When the small fleets had an issue, the big fleeters told us to 'deal with it'. It was our own fault for not quitting the small fry and joining a big fleet.

Now the megafleets want a cap increase.

Wait for it...

Deal with it.

Back on topic, I plan to run multiple Rom characters in both factions. Going KDF makes a certain amount of sense if you want to play a Romulan who's hostile to the Federation. And it'll spice up PvP queues, I would hope.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek