Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 11
04-09-2013, 05:40 PM
started hoarding? i've never stopped !

sitting on 10.000+ Zen now just waiting for the shiny Romulan stuff and i'm grinding away like every day.


and anyway new char (or 2? or 3?) means more Inventory / DOff / Bank slots that WILL be bought.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 12
04-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Guess what? it will be a FREE expansion... Just because the ships will probably be available in the store doesn't mean that the expansion itself is going to go from free to "you must pay to access Nimbus" or something similar. My goodness, it seems that you have nothing good to say of this game and it seems that you love complaining just to complain.
I am well aware the the expansion will be "free" - as I stated everything can be done in the game for free with the free stuff.

The game keeps being "free" because lots of people spend real money on all the stuff that is not free.

My point for this thread was to find out how many people are accumulating Zen in anticipation of the expansion and all it's shinnies.

Why the hostility? People spending money on the game is GOOD - that means it keeps running.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 769
# 13
04-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I expect most people will want the best shinnies as soon as possible - now now now - I mean there is a thread right here complaining about the 20hr CD timers on the Rep.
You're putting in the time either way.

It's not like removing the timers would remove the grind. You still need to grind however many thousands of marks per rep faction.

You're just no longer being forced to log in once a day for 30-50 days. You're actually free to approach the system in a way which suits your gaming schedule. And if your schedule dictates you can only log in for 15-30 minutes per day each day every day, then good for you, because you're free to do that too.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
# 14
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I am well aware the the expansion will be "free" - as I stated everything can be done in the game for free with the free stuff.

The game keeps being "free" because lots of people spend real money on all the stuff that is not free.

My point for this thread was to find out how many people are accumulating Zen in anticipation of the expansion and all it's shinnies.

Why the hostility? People spending money on the game is GOOD - that means it keeps running.
Really? Hmm. The following doesn't seem like a "point to find out how many people are acculumating Zen in anticipation," it seems, to me, that it's a dig at those who are fine with how Cryptic is implementing the expansion...
Quote:
They keep saying it will be "free" expansion - but we all know the c-store will be jammed with new shinnies and the good stuff.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 15
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Really? Hmm. The following doesn't seem like a "point to find out how many people are acculumating Zen in anticipation," it seems, to me, that it's a dig at those who are fine with how Cryptic is implementing the expansion...
Earth to Major Tom - Cryptic IS implementing this "free" expansion to make a BOAT load of money off of people buying shinnies - lotss and lots of stuff will be pushed out as have to get.

That IS their JOB!! - This expansion is for profit - not for fun - they have a job and want to get paid. Selling shinnies and lots of other stuff to people taking this "free" expansion is what they want.

I am perfectly fine with people buying lots and lots of c-store ships and stuff - that is what keeps the game going.

So yes - for those of us who do love the game - lets hope this "free" expansion becomes the most costly ever! That means more money for content development and the game servers keep running.

I myself expect to spend around 20,000 zen.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
# 16
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Earth to Major Tom - Cryptic IS implementing this "free" expansion to make a BOAT load of money off of people buying shinnies - lotss and lots of stuff will be pushed out as have to get.

That IS their JOB!! - This expansion is for profit - not for fun - they have a job and want to get paid. Selling shinnies and lots of other stuff to people taking this "free" expansion is what they want.

I am perfectly fine with people buying lots and lots of c-store ships and stuff - that is what keeps the game going.

So yes - for those of us who do love the game - lets hope this "free" expansion becomes the most costly ever! That means more money for content development and the game servers keep running.

I myself expect to spend around 20,000 zen.
Okay, so, you expect people to acknowlegde your point when you respond to someone in such a manner? I am sorry, but you will not get anything from doing that, especially from me. I am just pointing out that what you were 'trying' to point out didn't seem to be doing what you "claimed" you were doing...

Also, it's not for fun, eh? How many people do you know who would have FUN with this expansion? I know several people who would have FUN with this expansion, so saying that it's not for fun, right, keep telling yourself that, you might even believe yourself in time.

Again, the expansion itself is going to be completely free, the ONLY things that aren't going to be free are Alien Gen characters (subscriber/LTS only), and most of the ships to be released as well as other stuff that are available now. The story content and whatnot are completely free (that's basically what this expansion is all about anyway...the story.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,250
# 17
04-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm not hoarding exactly; I've been saving up for a Fleet Ambassador. Now I'm maybe saving up for a Romulan something or other instead. I haven't decided yet.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 18
04-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Okay, so, you expect people to acknowlegde your point when you respond to someone in such a manner? I am sorry, but you will not get anything from doing that, especially from me. I am just pointing out that what you were 'trying' to point out didn't seem to be doing what you "claimed" you were doing...

Also, it's not for fun, eh? How many people do you know who would have FUN with this expansion? I know several people who would have FUN with this expansion, so saying that it's not for fun, right, keep telling yourself that, you might even believe yourself in time.

Again, the expansion itself is going to be completely free, the ONLY things that aren't going to be free are Alien Gen characters (subscriber/LTS only), and most of the ships to be released as well as other stuff that are available now. The story content and whatnot are completely free (that's basically what this expansion is all about anyway...the story.
I won't carry this on - but you did say i was taking a "dig" at people - so expect a response that fits something that is incorrect.

You just don't get anything I am saying so lets leave it at that. And "fun" was in regards to the people making the expansion - PWE is not doing it for "fun" - they are doing it for money.

Something you seem to miss.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
# 19
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Paid for by the thousands made from lock boxes and c-store sales. Free in the sense that you don't pay for it when it comes out but it's been paid for already.
It's all because of those evil, greedy people working for the company who want to keep getting paychecks.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 769
# 20
04-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
(that's basically what this expansion is all about anyway...the story.
Actually, it's about shoe-horning in a new line of products to sell through the c-store.

I'm waiting for a faction of Ferengi altruists, because their writing staff finds greedy Ferengi to be "icky."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 AM.