Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Chat Broken
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Every time I log in the only character who can access their fleet chat is whoever I play as first.

But thats not all. Not only do none of my other characters have the option to select fleet chat, but they can not see their respective fleet chat.

It gets better. ALL of my characters, KDF and FED, can see my first characters fleet chat in real time. And none of them can use their own.

Help?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
From the chat configuration window, you can either click the refresh button, or add the fleet channel again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp101287 View Post
From the chat configuration window, you can either click the refresh button, or add the fleet channel again.
Thanks. Just tried that, I can select the "Fleet" channel in the dropdown menu now but when I use it I get "[System] [Failed] Not in a fleet." Same for all my characters, and they all still can see the same fleet chat.

Also when I log in/change instance/enter an area/etc... I get three messages:
[System] Joined channel "Fleet."
[System] Joined channel "Zone."
[System] Left channel "Fleet."
So I am apprently joining the channel and immediately being kicked.
Ensign
# 4
04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Are you using the "change character" option? If yes, click on "logout", then log back in and choose the other character that you want to use.
Commander
# 5
04-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Or simple use /f to type on Fleet channel.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Career Officer
# 6
04-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Don't worry, bugs that affect every player in the game aren't a priority. Its only been this way since S7 started, and it only affects people daily. If you keep threads up like this they might even have to acknowledge that its a problem they'll think about fixing sometime after the next season, lockbox, season after that
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Don't worry, bugs that affect every player in the game aren't a priority. Its only been this way since S7 started, and it only affects people daily. If you keep threads up like this they might even have to acknowledge that its a problem they'll think about fixing sometime after the next season, lockbox, season after that
Harsh,but so true. There's no monetary value in doing it...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
# 8
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
That has been the issue since launch lol not season 7.I started right after beta.