Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Guest Blog: Skill Planning
04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Attilio, a veteran member of the community and Site Manager of STOAcademy.com, has written a Guest Blog about skill planning.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 2
04-10-2013, 12:26 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Captain
# 3
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Nice blog, very useful, especially to any newer players.

But where are the LoR blogs? There hasn't been one all week so far.
Captain
# 4
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes, more LoR blogs please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Don't be rude guys the expansion isn't out for over a month, plenty of time for more blogs.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 6
04-10-2013, 12:46 PM
It's a great site. The skill planner has come a long way - it's an awesome tool. The speed at which he keeps it up to date - adds features - yes, definitely something to be commended.

9 in Driver Coils though?

/picard

That's 9k SP that can be better spent...anywhere...on any build. Outside of somebody that's leveling, is poor, and hates travel times - something that they'll regret later when they respec out of it...or...outside of somebody that's a Tour ***** - it's probably the worst skill on the list. It definitely needs some love to be competitive in the least with any skill on their - space or any ground career...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 7
04-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Atillo's planner's is one of the top player driven resources available to any STO player.

A completely invaluable tool.

Also, it should be accompanied by this page which is also an invaluable resource (and also regularly updated).

Well done Atillo, please keep up the good work. If you ever decide to leap into PvP, please do not put skill ranks in Driver Coils.

Rihannsu
# 8
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Nice article Attilio. It's been a while since I used your planner, but I've seen more and more people refer to it, I'll have to check it out.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 9
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
This is definitely an area where new players are completely lost (I was too, took me two characters and one respec to get a hang of it).

So great you made a blog, and great to link the skill planner (nice to just wonder what ship one might get next, and what to do with it).

Also, good point by USSUltimatum, this skill points effects page has plenty uses.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
this is a good blog about skill planning. was hoping they wouldve waitied till monday to reliese it and did a lor blog and have 3 lor blogs up each week like they did last week