Lt. Commander
# 11
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's a great site. The skill planner has come a long way - it's an awesome tool. The speed at which he keeps it up to date - adds features - yes, definitely something to be commended.

9 in Driver Coils though?

/picard

That's 9k SP that can be better spent...anywhere...on any build. Outside of somebody that's leveling, is poor, and hates travel times - something that they'll regret later when they respec out of it...or...outside of somebody that's a Tour ***** - it's probably the worst skill on the list. It definitely needs some love to be competitive in the least with any skill on their - space or any ground career...
He has written that is his personal chose.
Captain
# 12
04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Shouldn't this wait till after the skills revamp, since alot of the current info will no longer apply.

Just sayin...
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 13
04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Shouldn't this wait till after the skills revamp, since alot of the current info will no longer apply.

Just sayin...

Do you mean trait revamp?
Captain
# 14
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Do you mean trait revamp?
I was sure I read something about a skills revamp in the upcoming season without a name. Oh well, nevermind.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Why not integrating the personal doff missions to the skill planner ??? Now you have a bunch of those that are granting you occassionally a critical success with the mention that extra skill points will be added to (for example) shield emitters, energy weapons, hull repair and so on, but in fact, it's not been added at all. This is even told by one of your devs. So go figure, clicking in the hope it will be helpful in raising skills, but left behind like a fool. I would rather see that these personal doff missions, when they have a critical success result, are integrated into the skill planner.
Captain
# 16
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
many of my skills are over 100 - so that means I get extra right? The system does not stop counting effects at 99?
Captain
# 17
04-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
He has written that is his personal chose.
If you spent less time rolling your eyes, they might not be so dusty, and you could see how easy it would be for somebody that didn't know better - to take what he said as a recommendation. It's a terrible recommendation for the majority of players.

Big paragraph on the 'rule'...do you have to follow the 'rule'...no...here's an example.

Driver Coil?

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

Look through the list... look at going from 6 to 9.

Do you see where it might have been possible to give a few examples to the new player, different ideas, and then perhaps add in Driver Coil as a preference (with the reason why and what the opportunity cost is for making that choice instead of spending those points anywhere else)...?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Rihannsu
# 18
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
many of my skills are over 100 - so that means I get extra right? The system does not stop counting effects at 99?
In general, yes. There is no hard cap on the results of skills. However, depending on the skill, the result may be lowered by diminishing effects on the application side, but you do still see added benefit for skills ranking higher than 99.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 19
04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Correct. The numbers work out to flat bonus per point. On the ~amicus list, you'll see what appears to be diminishing returns - but keep in mind - that comes from the amount of skill you receive per rank as you increase that rank.

1-3 is 18 skill per rank
4-6 is 10 skill per rank
7-9 is 5 skill per rank

Going from 7-9 doesn't even provide you the amount of skill you get from going 0-1.

There's diminishing returns on what each rank/level gives you.

But you can keep on adding points - some folks that min/max will be at 250+ in a skill.

Certain skills - which tie into systems with diminishing returns - will experience those. There's DR on hull damage resistance - there's not a DR on damage you're doing to that hull though.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Commander
# 20
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
for me space combat is what i enjoy in star trek online the most but because i can only put 300,000 points into space which is about 75% out of a total of 360,000 skill points so i end up putting 66,000 skill point into ground because i have to not that i want to. it would be nice if the skill points could be either more flexible to to 90% of skill points in to space or if the skill points could be unlimited or simply increase skill point to 400,000 to 500,000 skill points to finish current skill points tree?