Career Officer
# 11
04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
This part of your proposal does interest me. Not necessarily the details, but the concept that Factions, Classes, and Ships should all have advantages and disadvantages that can be mixed and matched to some degree to specialize.

However, I forsee huge implications for PvP and I'm not sure this would be acceptable to the PvP community.
The part of the proposal that you quoted depends on Romulans being made an INDEPENDENT faction in order to make it work... as intended ...which is why the rest of it is in here.

The details of implementing it would be up to Cryptic, of course, but the concept is what I am trying to illustrate here.

And as far as PvP goes, one of the points of this concept IS to have an impact on PvP. And I would think the PvP community would enjoy the challenge of discovering new builds, new combinations, new possibilities to use in PvP.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Captain
# 12
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I just got back from a very strange encounter at Pizza Hut. I walked in and sat down. I looked over the menu. I ordered a large thin crust pizza with extra cheese. Then when my server brought out my drinks, I proceeded to give them this long description of how I'd rather have a calzone and gave them a whole bunch of pointers on how to transform that pizza into a proper calzone.

Here's the strange part. They didn't do it. They gave me the pizza I ordered instead.

Weird huh?
Career Officer
# 13
04-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I just got back from a very strange encounter at Pizza Hut. I walked in and sat down. I looked over the menu. I ordered a large thin crust pizza with extra cheese. Then when my server brought out my drinks, I proceeded to give them this long description of how I'd rather have a calzone and gave them a whole bunch of pointers on how to transform that pizza into a proper calzone.

Here's the strange part. They didn't do it. They gave me the pizza I ordered instead.

Weird huh?
Not sure if there was a point you were trying to make here, or just being snarky for the sake of being snarky.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Captain
# 14
04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
Not sure if there was a point you were trying to make here, or just being snarky for the sake of being snarky.
I think the gist of my point will become apparent in May, when Legacy of Romulus launches.
Captain
# 15
04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:

Weird huh?
OMG, you eat there ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 16
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
I think the gist of my point will become apparent in May, when Legacy of Romulus launches.
Ok, then. Yes, I think I get your point. I'm not saying these changes should be made NOW, before the May 21st launch of Legacy of Romulus. They are just suggestions on a direction to go AFTER the Legacy of Romulus has played out.

Captain
# 17
04-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I think it's unfortunate that the two-faction PvP thing is having such a huge influence on the story of the game. Gameplay mechanics and decisions should be driven by storyline, not the other way around. Even if there's no way to implement three-way PvP maps cost-effectively, they could just add a single PvP queue button, and everyone that enters (Fed, KDF, Rom) gets randomly split into two teams.

And as far as starbases go, there's a good post that explains why their reasoning is a bad idea (I can't find it, but it's somewhere out there). Basically the gist of the post was that yes, in the short term players might be burnt out with getting their main base up to tier 5, and then another, Romulan base up as well. BUT - what about long term? Eventually, Fed and KDF bases will be tier 5, and it would give people an incentive to play Romulans / the game in general if they also had Romulan starbases to work on.

I don't think reworking the way individual ships work should be part of this discussion. It's an interesting ideas to add faction-based boosts / debuffs, but I would suggest that be added to the ships themselves, or as optional traits.

Also, your post is very long.

Quote:

Weird huh?
But is Legacy of Romulus the pizza we ordered?

Also, are you Superchum of the old forums?
Community Moderator
# 18
04-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
The part of the proposal that you quoted depends on Romulans being made an INDEPENDENT faction in order to make it work... as intended ...which is why the rest of it is in here.
Except that we've already been told how Romulans are being rolled out and we've been told why, and they aren't going to change it. Not now, not in May, and probably not two years from now.

So if every single bit of your proposal is dependent on changing that, I guess there's nothing left to talk about.

EDIT:

Quote:
Wow. Check the attitude. If you look back a few posts, you'll see that I stated these were suggestions on a direction to head AFTER Legacy of Romulus has played out. I'm not expecting Cryptic to scrap something they've been working on for months and plan to launch in weeks, in favor of something different.

But the game DOES evolve over time. These are a series of suggestions on how it COULD evolve. And player community involvement in a dialogue with the developers can help in that evolution process, perhaps suggesting ideas that hadn't been thought of or considered before. Your seemingly high-handed tactics here only serve to shut down that communication process. And you're a Community Moderator?
Yep, definitely done talking. You obviously don't want criticism.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
04-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Also, your post is very long.
Is there a 140 character limit to posts listed somewhere that I'm missing?

Career Officer
# 20
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:

Also, Stahl said they were considering giving Romulans their own Starbases, that they had not ruled it out, but stopped short of promising to give Starbases to the Romulans. I've noticed too many players putting this "in stone" as a definite thing.
Like most things he's keeping it a future possibility without promising anything, and like most things Cryptic keeps future possibilities it will likely never happen. I can't imagine what kind of PR damage control meetings are going on at Cryptic, they have been choosing their words even more carefully than ever lately. I can only assume it seems to have borne fruit since so many people are believing its a definite future development when in fact its never been stated as such. I can only imagine Cryptic was expecting to be hyping up other aspects of theirs "Xpac" at this point in time instead of running PR damage control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.