Captain
# 31
04-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Eh, they could still do a series.
Just what the kids want to see now-a-days: a bunch of 40-50 year old actors doing a high-adventure action series.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
If they did a Kickstarter for it, I would donate. I would love to see more ENT on Netflix!
Ensign
# 33
05-08-2013, 03:24 PM
I agree they could easily use kickstarter to build the sets and pay for some cgi.

It should be set after Terran Prime. The crew spends some time on earth while the ship is repaired after the Verteron array on Mars damaged the ship.

The time on earth, Vulcan, denobula could explain any tans the cast members may have.

After repairs are done they could do some exploration and start the events leading to the Romulan War.

Trip and T'Pol could have a complicated relationship, they could bring the reporter that was dating Travis as a war correspondent and have a relationship between the two during the war.

And finally epic battles with Enterprise and Columbia fighting the Romulans.
Captain
# 34
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
If not a whole season we should get a "made for tv" movie It could be a Ds9 or TNG project too.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 35
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Well, either way, we NEED some -real- Star Trek. So, while I'm not too fond of the ways Enterprise bent/broke previously established canon...

Where do I sign?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure how Enterprise supposedly destroyed established cannon, but whatever. I thought it was an imaginative and fun adventure series. The fact that it was so close to our own modern time period as opposed to the 24th century was one of the things I loved about it.

If they're going to do this, they need to hurry it up before the actors get too old.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 37
05-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
I'm not sure how Enterprise supposedly destroyed established cannon, but whatever.
Well, the most blatant one I can think of is that they located Qo'noS about five days away from Earth at warp 5. If the Klingon Empire were that close, we'd be a colony world by now.

There are others that struck me at the time, but I can't be bothered to go recall them just now.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 38
05-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Well, the most blatant one I can think of is that they located Qo'noS about five days away from Earth at warp 5. If the Klingon Empire were that close, we'd be a colony world by now.

There are others that struck me at the time, but I can't be bothered to go recall them just now.
There's that, and there's the fact that while Kirk was constantly implied to be the most important captain in the history of the Federation, they suddenly went and made somebody even MORE important, flying a ship which predates the first (first starship called Enterprise, anyway) U.S.S. Enterprise, but is still called Enterprise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 39
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
There's that, and there's the fact that while Kirk was constantly implied to be the most important captain in the history of the Federation, they suddenly went and made somebody even MORE important, flying a ship which predates the first (first starship called Enterprise, anyway) U.S.S. Enterprise, but is still called Enterprise.
The most, or one of the most?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
05-09-2013, 12:36 PM
I can see the 5 Days from Qo'nos as a writing gaff. That's just me though. As for Archer being more important than Kirk... well, that's like saying Washington was more important than Nimitz. Nimitz was one of two men directly responsible for Allied victory in World War 2, but Washington won the Revolutionary War. Who is more important?

As for the Enterprise, the NX was pre-Federation, so technically yeah, the 1701 is the first Federation starship to bear the name. I think a lot of people probably took comments in books and comics as cannon, and when Enterprise hit the air, there was minor conflicts abound. The same thing happened to Karen Travvis and Star Wars. She created this elaborate and intricate Mandalorian culture, which Lucas threw right out the window with The Clone Wars. TCW is cannon, books and comics aren't.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website