Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 41
04-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Whirrrr-epohh screeching-chunkachunka-ding
Rommie marks.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH......if only it were that easy as it was during the xmas event....running around tagging NR rabbits sucks....

as for this crew idea....I actually like srafaorasp's idea....would make that crew leave at X (the doff mission) worth doing lol as that is the only way i could see it working heh...heck add that in for a development reward on completion of development doff missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Empire Veteran
# 42
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
No kidding. Or when you have to recreate Ensign Bob becuase you killed him for drinking the last of the jamba juice but realized he's the only one who knows how to service the replicators.
Amen there.

First Officer: Sir, everyone on the ship is dead!

Captain: Even Chad from accounting?

*cut to a redshirt getting blown out into space*

First Officer: ESPECIALLY Chad from accounting!

Captain
# 43
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Are you trying to make Eve Online 2?
This is what I think whenever I see someone cook up a new twist on a death penalty. It would be one thing if missions consisted of encounters with a single enemy, but with the swarms of mobs we have to go though with crew levels dropping quickly several times for a single mission, my response to this would be no, No, Oh Hell NO. I'm playing a game, I want to enjoy playing the game not working my butt off doing a bunch of mundane crap recovering after every encounter.

Last edited by maxvitor; 04-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Captain
# 44
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
If I had to alter the way crew worked I would do it this way-

Crew are WAAAAAY harder to kill first.

The reason is that ships won't be destroyed as often. A disable mechanic should kick in before a ship is blasted to scrap. In a team system, your team would then have to pull the enemy off of you before you're finished off.

While your ship is disabled, your able crew basically effects how fast you get the ship back up and running. Thus consoles and tactics that protect your alive crew become very valuable as it effects your "respawn" rate and how fast you get back in the fight. An ally throwing an engineering team on your ship accelerates that countdown, functioning as an in space revive. Crew would be injured but not killed unless there was a ship injury, an EPS conduit damage would blow up and kill someone. So on normal you shouldn't lose any crew permanently (which is about as effective as it is now anyway) But you wouldn't lose massive numbers of your crew unless you just die repeatedly. Then you can go to any starbase (or just the sector of a starbase) and run a quick (say two minute) doff mission to replenish crew back to full. But until you run that, then your crew is in fact missing people. (The ship could also be operating on auxiliary power, so that engines with that Aux that allows 25% maneuvering when engines are disabled would still operate, allowing a ship to maneuver out of the combat zone)

The system could have extra functions. For instance, Borg boarding parties would add a different flavor, as they are working against your crew. The crew is trying to restore the ship, while the borg are working to assimilate it. Or standard boarding party is trying to capture your ship. So if the crew doesn't restore the ship fast enough, then the ship is assimilated. You should still be able to use Tac Team to fight back though. Eng team accelerates the timer (another captain throwing an engineering team adds extra people and brings more supplies, thus getting the job done way faster), while sci team gets shields working again so it's harder to finish you off. The ship components elite damage system would remain unchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srafaorasp View Post
This may sounds Stupid. but....

add Crew Morale

the longer you put off Port call / shore leave the more your morale goes down. and the less efficient your crew becomes. resulting is lower stats etc.

TBH i don't know even if i like this idea but if we are going to talk about changing the crew system in some way this would make sense to me.
I like it actually. And it would give opportunity for non combat missions.

Or implement it in the doff system so that those shore leave missions increase crew effectiveness i.e. higher chance for critical successes or a way, say an academy mission to improve the quality of a DOFF (so that white quality with all the traits you want can work his way up to purple quality).
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Torpedoes would have to suck less for this to work. They're just not good enough to justify this level of hassle otherwise.
Indeed. And larger ships should have industrial replicators to replace such torpedoes, over time. If torpedoes actually were finishing blows it would be a different story.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"

Last edited by captaind3; 04-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 45
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Maybe Starfleet should invest more in seat belts, and fuses.

Empire Veteran
# 46
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
crew loss? cant see it working. crew injuries? only if crew neutralisation rates from kinetics change big time.
Agreed. Imo, they should harder to heal, slow to recovery and possible have less a detrimental effect on ship performances when lost in large numbers.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 47
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Amen there.

First Officer: Sir, everyone on the ship is dead!

Captain: Even Chad from accounting?

*cut to a redshirt getting blown out into space*

First Officer: ESPECIALLY Chad from accounting!
Snort chuckle lol

Nobody ever liked Chad.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 48
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I have neither the zen, dilithium, marks, nor energy credits for this.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 49
04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Crew loss should recover roughly 20 times faster on an Odyssey than it currently does.

This idea is insane and I sincerely doubt it's based off anything observed in actual gameplay. How on earth is this up to 5 pages?
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 50
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
crew? oh you mean the 1,000 people that die in the first 10 seconds of a fight
I've beamed to my carrier from ESD and had only like 200 people alive on it.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino