Commander
# 21
04-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrock View Post
I have to say: Your guys timing is just aweful... Today i was hoping to get home from work early and might do some gaming BEFORE the patch... you guys ruined that... Now I see it is 5 hours in my timezone and I wonder, why you guys cant do this like from 08am to 1pm MET when most people work over here? Or like soemtimes?
Because they do it when they are at work and you don't pay them enough to make them work overtime.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."

Last edited by dkratasco; 04-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Captain
# 22
04-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Well, the time waiting for the game to come back up could be used for other things. Go out and enjoy the sun, go tour the town, etc...

Or you can go and play other games while waiting. Of course if all of PWE's servers/games are being worked on just go play something else. I'd make suggestions, but I'm not plugging other games here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
04-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Well, the time waiting for the game to come back up could be used for other things. Go out and enjoy the sun, go tour the town, etc...
It's raining and my town's a hellhole.

Seriously though, I agree with you, personally I'm planning to sit down with a good book.
Career Officer
# 24
04-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Hmm - no - they have not learned the Scotty trick yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw
Lieutenant
# 25 Stability
04-11-2013, 04:58 AM
No stability and disconnect fix? Since the last patch, the only time I have been stable in game is when someone has a saucer seperation, or other unique ship power. Before last thursday I was stable the whole time. Now, if someone I'm playing with doesnt have saucer sep. or unique ship powers, its just laggy and disconnects.

The Entity Rep is just way cool! Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
04-11-2013, 05:02 AM
5 1/2 hour downtime, seriously, you had better not stick with tradition and actually get this one right. The usual balls up after this amount of downtime is getting old..

And I am glad to see "General server stability" is not mentioned since that is usually a neon arrow to "Somethings gonna crash soon"

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 27
04-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrock View Post
I have to say: Your guys timing is just aweful... Today i was hoping to get home from work early and might do some gaming BEFORE the patch... you guys ruined that... Now I see it is 5 hours in my timezone and I wonder, why you guys cant do this like from 08am to 1pm MET when most people work over here? Or like soemtimes?
God I hate that attitude.

My primary online/STO time is an hour before work in the morning, lunchtime where possible and, if I am lucky, an hour or two in the evening.

Today's downtime means that I won't be able to play at lunchtime, and it'll likely cut into my evening too. Do you 'hear' me having a tantrum about it?

No, because I realise that the GAME isn't all about me and what I want, that the downtime is usually a necessity and that there are other things that I can do during said downtime.

I really do tire of today's society of people who act so entitled about everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 28
04-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithanath View Post
or this scene with scotty on TNG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkh1cKG8Dw
Captain
# 29
04-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Something is wrong with the launcher.

Usually when there's a patch, the launcher allows you to login and stat the game (but upon playing, it can't pull up our characters).

This time, it appears I can't even login to use Tribble. This is quite the disappointment. First Tribble crashes (repeatedly I might add), now the launcher won't let you login.

Well, back to Star Trek: Bridge Commander.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
04-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Something is wrong with the launcher.

Usually when there's a patch, the launcher allows you to login and stat the game (but upon playing, it can't pull up our characters).

This time, it appears I can't even login to use Tribble. This is quite the disappointment. First Tribble crashes (repeatedly I might add), now the launcher won't let you login.

Well, back to Star Trek: Bridge Commander.
Tribble may be offline aswell, or the entire login system while the upgrade is going on

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Closed Thread