Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 538
# 31
04-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Seriously, wtf? 5 hours 30 mins maintenance...
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
# 32
04-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Probably are putting in Hardware Changes too. That would explain the longer downtime.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 20
# 33
04-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Do we complain about sleeping, or any of the many other day to day things we normally do? No. So I'm going to sit back, play with my Tribble (sorry CAT) and just wait it out like 95% of the other people playing the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
# 34
04-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Well, the time waiting for the game to come back up could be used for other things. Go out and enjoy the sun, go tour the town, etc...

Or you can go and play other games while waiting. Of course if all of PWE's servers/games are being worked on just go play something else. I'd make suggestions, but I'm not plugging other games here.
except i get off work at 7am CST, and by the time this is up it will be time for me to sleep so my free time just got shot by this terrible maintence window and overly long patch cycle they choose, it seems rather excessive to me to have a 5:30 patch time, if its tested and working, just get it on the server and turn it on, but of course the 30 minutes to copy the relevant data, then another 5 hours of them "testing".
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
# 35
04-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbblemedic View Post
Do we complain about sleeping, or any of the many other day to day things we normally do? No. So I'm going to sit back, play with my Tribble (sorry CAT) and just wait it out like 95% of the other people playing the game.
that would work if the login server was up, right now its not
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 44
# 36
04-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
God I hate that attitude.

My primary online/STO time is an hour before work in the morning, lunchtime where possible and, if I am lucky, an hour or two in the evening.

Today's downtime means that I won't be able to play at lunchtime, and it'll likely cut into my evening too. Do you 'hear' me having a tantrum about it?

No, because I realise that the GAME isn't all about me and what I want, that the downtime is usually a necessity and that there are other things that I can do during said downtime.

I really do tire of today's society of people who act so entitled about everything!
God I hate that attitude... Your sentence: "No, because I realise that the GAME isn't all about me..." Seriously? My Point was ONLY that it is every thursday the WHOLE free afternoon people from Europe MIGHT use to actually play. What would I care if it takes your lunchtime-playing time?! I bet a lot of people would love to have this patch aroung their lunchtime or worktime. All I am adressing here, is the anti-european patchtime, which could be solved be changing patching times OR maybe by several servers like we experience in other games, where the european area has its own running server... That way patching downtime wouldnt interfere with people actually playing...

TO your "Do you 'hear' me having a tantrum about it?" You just being here in the forum shows you are having some mental state... just like all of us being here so maybe you would do yourself a favour and stop critizising people for their opinion and state arguments that are actually worth the time reading

When talking about reading, thats what i will do now...
See all of you later... INGAME
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
# 37
04-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrock View Post
God I hate that attitude... Your sentence: "No, because I realise that the GAME isn't all about me..." Seriously? My Point was ONLY that it is every thursday the WHOLE free afternoon people from Europe MIGHT use to actually play. What would I care if it takes your lunchtime-playing time?! I bet a lot of people would love to have this patch aroung their lunchtime or worktime. All I am adressing here, is the anti-european patchtime, which could be solved be changing patching times OR maybe by several servers like we experience in other games, where the european area has its own running server... That way patching downtime wouldnt interfere with people actually playing...

TO your "Do you 'hear' me having a tantrum about it?" You just being here in the forum shows you are having some mental state... just like all of us being here so maybe you would do yourself a favour and stop critizising people for their opinion and state arguments that are actually worth the time reading

When talking about reading, thats what i will do now...
See all of you later... INGAME

only solution is to cut into the American's time and sorry but I understand my work hours arn't the standard but my American bretheren deserve special treatment, we do afterall save the world time and again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
# 38
04-11-2013, 06:19 AM
You guys might want to fix the "Server Status: UP" that is on the STO home page....
Fleet Affiliations:
FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 162
# 39
04-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
only solution is to cut into the American's time and sorry but I understand my work hours arn't the standard but my American bretheren deserve special treatment, we do afterall save the world time and again.

Its bassed in America! if it was based in Europe they would still work day time hours.

for gods sake 90% of you are adults start acting like it, and not a bunch of kids who want want want! oh and reply and snidy comments to it and saying your not acting or are a adult will show how childish you are!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 85
# 40 main page
04-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Change servers are down in main page. http://sto.perfectworld.com/
We dont need more confusion.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 PM.