Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
# 11
04-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
It's one of those issues that'll probably never go away anyway, since there isn't really a satisfactory method of dealing with such 'players'* -


* A loose term, since by definition they are NOT players, since 'player' indicates participation - something that the type of loser we're dicsussing doesn't do.

there is some inconsistency there....being a loser requires being a player. just a bad one.

no substantial comment, just being a smartass.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,948
# 12
04-11-2013, 07:22 AM
If the tickets get submitted? Yes.. They do.

Are they being reviewed? I am sure they are...

However, I seriously doubt any action is being taken
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 106
# 13
04-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Vote to kick. Simple. We need it.
No, we need vote to replace.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 14
04-11-2013, 07:32 AM
It doesnt work, it never has pure and simple. In other words THEY DONT CARE... There is nothing you can do about this apart from run in a pre-made...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,268
# 15
04-11-2013, 09:05 AM
One thing that would help a bit would be if you weren't put into the same queue with people you have on ignore. That way we'd only be forced to play a single game with the bot/griefer and they would eventually be stuck with 30-min+ queues. A lot of the afkers/bots I encounter I've seen or met before.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,662
# 16
04-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Vote to kick. Simple. We need it.
You'll say this until you get grief kicked by a team of griefers. Then, voting systems won't be so useful anymore. Don't PUG and don't team with people you don't know. You'll never have to send in a report.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 17
04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
And upon what precisely would the GMs take action?

A player in a public queue was not a good player?

A player in a public queue didn't know how to play "correctly"?

A player in a public queue didn't bother reading pretentious team chat?

A player in a public queue refused to play in the manner that others demanded or expected?

A player in a public queue refused to participate once the instance began in order to take advantage of an idiotic rewards system?

NONE of these "offences" is specified as such in the EULA ... ergo, the GMs cannot take action no matter how many tickets they receive.

Your only recourse against griefing is, as has been said over and over in these threads, don't pug! Alternatively, and this is my personal creed, don't care so much about an online computer game instance.

As long as the internet exists, there will be griefing. It's the nature of the anonymous beast. Griefing is directly proportional to the amount of angst that is generated by the action. A voluminous outcry draws griefers like moths to a flame.

AFKers are a different animal. They're farming the rewards that come with the instance. Take away the reward that can be AFK'd and voila ... no AFKers. One solution used in some other successful MMO's is that players must be within immediate aggro range of the kill or completed mission objective in order to be eligible for the associated reward. Your run of the mill AFKer cannot just join the instance and then walk away ... he must sit there and wait for the end of the mission in order to race to the reward range. If he sits within reward range, he's likely to aggro mobs, die and respawn out of reward range. Take away the AFK farm and the AFK farmers move elsewhere.

Is it perfect? ... No ... nothing is ... "What about the player that gets killed seconds before the kill happens or seconds before mission completion?" ... "Won't AFK farmers merely find another farm?" ... I'm sure you'll all come up with more.

My point is that instituting an abusive mechanic (vote to kick) or GM intervention (report spamming) are not solutions to the problem. The problem is inherent in the nature and mechanics of the instance's reward system and it is from here that the solution needs to arise.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,430
# 18
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
You'll say this until you get grief kicked by a team of griefers. Then, voting systems won't be so useful anymore. Don't PUG and don't team with people you don't know. You'll never have to send in a report.
... because they would rather stay IN a team of griefers? I don't find your argument works effectively. The group they join after being kicked isn't likely to be full of griefers if the system works well.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,662
# 19
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
... because they would rather stay IN a team of griefers? I don't find your argument works effectively. The group they join after being kicked isn't likely to be full of griefers if the system works well.
And how is that any different than now? Chances are, the next group you join will not have an AFK'er or griefer. However, were a vote system introduced, you can bet money there will be teams of people who will be deliberately kicking people for the fun of it, in addition to kicking random people so they can 3 or 4 man an instance.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 20
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I have got a lovely c&p form email from the system when I have used this feature saying they are looking into the issue. Does anything come of it? Who can possibly say.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 AM.