Career Officer
# 61
04-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
I understand that maintenance takes time, but it's pretty inconvenient for the European players.
So they should do it at a time that would suit Euro-players but would be inconveinient to US players - probably their primary playerbase?

Let's face it, they can't really win - there isn't a time that they CAN take the server(s) down without it upsetting one of the game's demographics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-11-2013, 08:38 AM
let us all drink redbull and coffee for when the game comes back up
Career Officer
# 63
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
So they should do it at a time that would suit Euro-players but would be inconveinient to US players - probably their primary playerbase?

Let's face it, they can't really win - there isn't a time that they CAN take the server(s) down without it upsetting one of the game's demographics.
the Europeans don't think about this at all, lets face facts here, the larger Star Trek fan base is in the US, Star Trek in general did worse in other parts of the world, all series and movies, thats just a simple fact, so it stands to reason the user base is also larger in North America than in other parts of the world, get used to it. Canadians and American's are the most hard core dedicated and largest group of trekkers and trekkies period
Ensign
# 64 noob
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Well I guess I will finish my coffee and go shoot for a while.
USS:Ticonderoga
Captain
# 65
04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post

I doubt the US players are their primary playerbase to be quite honest.
It would be nice if they would vary the maintenance times so Europe doesn't get screwed over every time there's an extended downtime.
Ensign
# 66
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
the Europeans don't think about this at all, lets face facts here, the larger Star Trek fan base is in the US, Star Trek in general did worse in other parts of the world, all series and movies, thats just a simple fact, so it stands to reason the user base is also larger in North America than in other parts of the world, get used to it. Canadians and American's are the most hard core dedicated and largest group of trekkers and trekkies period
Preach it .... Preach it.... lol
Career Officer
# 67
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
I'm from England, but (as I stated in my earlier post) that doesn't mean that I don't understand that the servers are liable to be taken down when it's less inconveinient to the largest proportion of their playerbase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Survivor of Romulus
# 68
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
I'm really not convinced, you might be right but I'm not just going to take your word for it.

Star Trek always was, and still is, very big over in the UK. It's also pretty big in Germany and a number of other European countries.

Europe has double the population of the USA - I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the numbers of players was roughly similar, or the USA has more but the margin isn't hugely significant. I don't know, point is - you don't either. You're just being all "USA! USA! USA!" because that's what your culture is like.

As for most dedicated? You should have seen Star Trek Convention: London. Sold out in a matter of hours, and prices for tickets were extortionate!
Ensign
# 69
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Typical, The day i sign up to it it has to go offline for 5 hours!! cx i have a few questions if you are experianced with this can one of you message me please, Thank you
Ensign
# 70
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I think some AC/DC would be suitable for the CE. Swooping in on my MVAE with Shoot to Thrill going with my cannons blasting seems.... Appropriate
Closed Thread