Survivor of Romulus
# 91
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingoji11 View Post
The rope used to tie my hand behind my back was burned away by the fire.
Damn, I HATE when that happens....just when you think the odds are even, the rope they tied you with burns away!!! Just sayin, they shoulda used titanium cables.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
Captain
# 92
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbrex View Post
^ - This.

And, as for the Europe vs. North and Central America player bases, this is exactly why Cryptic should have set up regional servers like every other MMO out there. I do not have anything against foreign players. What bothers me is that there are American players that yell at German, French, Italian, etc. players who choose to speak/type in their own language in zone chat, demanding that they speak English.
Futher proof that if you are on Earth Space Dock for longer than 5 minutes and haven't put someone on ignore, you aren't doing all you can to win at STO.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 93
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Futher proof that if you are on Earth Space Dock for longer than 5 minutes and haven't put someone on ignore, you aren't doing all you can to win at STO.
lol aint that the truth. STO is the only MMO I've played where my ignore list is longer than my friend list.
Career Officer
# 94
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Wow, it's just one day in the week folks (unless they break something). It's not the end of the world...
Exactly - (usually) a few hours once a week - it's really not that big a deal.

And yet the maintainance post is, as per usual, full of people acting like adicts who are being denied their fix. Quite sad really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Likewise - and I generally put anyone who thinks those anicent, god awful, crap Gorn jokes are funny on ignore too.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 95
04-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
And yet the maintainance post is, as per usual, full of people acting like adicts who are being denied their fix. Quite sad really.
If something is broken, they gripe about it.

If they fix it, they gripe about it.

But we all know, there are people in this world you could hand them a free $100 bill, and they would complain that it was wrinkled....
Ensign
# 96
04-11-2013, 09:00 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Seriously call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 97
04-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
If something is broken, they gripe about it.

If they fix it, they gripe about it.

But we all know, there are people in this world you could hand them a free $1-- bill, and they would complain that it was wrinkled....
Completely agree.

I make no apologies for re-posting something that Themarie once said regarding these threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie
Random grumbling about downtime causing inability to play during peak hours in timezone X.

Generic complaint about why hasn't bug X, Y, or Z not being fixed.

Protest over how long the downtime takes.

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

This concludes the thread in one post! Brandon, please lock it now.
Spot on.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 98
04-11-2013, 09:02 AM
There's a reason I keep zone chat off by default.
Rihannsu
# 99
04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Thats why i just stay off ESD all together, only go there when i absolutely have too
Lt. Commander
# 100
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
There's a reason I keep zone chat off by default.
Likewise. Simple enough to configure one or more custom tabs to show as little or as much as you want to see in any given situation.

Languages aside - go to someplace like ESD and there is so much (often inane) chatter, emotes, etc going on good luck seeing fleet messages, PMs, etc.

No reason for idiots to get bent out of shape - the tools are there in the game...
Closed Thread