Ensign
This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor
Starfleet Veteran
The F2P matrix advertises 'unlimited customer service' as a feature of gold membership. I would like to know what 'unlimited customer service' actualy means. Not interpritations. Just specific examples of what GMs have done for you.
Commander
# 353
04-11-2013, 09:05 AM
lied about unlimited customer service. lol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 354
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Perhaps not the best question to ask on the forums, it is after all, their playpen...

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Starfleet Veteran
# 355
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
lied about unlimited customer service. lol.
I didnt realy want to make the accusation. Though I would be lying if I claimed to have ever receeved any customer service. I was hoping to assertain just what powers GMs actualy have. When I made a post asking what they could do last night it was merged with another thred that didnt answer the question.

I checked the forum rules and they dont seem to forbid discussing this so I hoped that if people could provided examples of what GMs have done for them then I could work out the extent of their power.

Of course the possibility exists that they have no power and exist purly for PR reasons. I am hoping to see some evidence to the contrary.
Commander
# 356
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
What have the Romans done for us?

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

Just say no to ARC
Starfleet Veteran
# 357
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

Yeah, we would be in real trouble if the romans ever left Reg.
Lt. Commander
# 358
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post

They also butchered a behemoth amount of people just because.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Career Officer
# 359
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd like it to mean that I will have a reply from representative within 24 hours, and that the representative will work with me throughout the process until I say my issue has been resolved or if I am being a particularly pig-headed customer, until their supervisor explains to me that it can not be resolved due to a credible reason.

However, I realize it actually means nothing.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Commander
# 360
04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
I didnt realy want to make the accusation. Though I would be lying if I claimed to have ever receeved any customer service. I was hoping to assertain just what powers GMs actualy have. When I made a post asking what they could do last night it was merged with another thred that didnt answer the question.

I checked the forum rules and they dont seem to forbid discussing this so I hoped that if people could provided examples of what GMs have done for them then I could work out the extent of their power.

Of course the possibility exists that they have no power and exist purly for PR reasons. I am hoping to see some evidence to the contrary.

All I can attest to is this, that a number of my fleet mates as well as some other I've ran into in various chats have the lifetime sub. They have never received any zen stipend.
One in particular has had an LTS for over 9 months with not a dime's worth of zen dropped into his account and no response what so ever on the matter from support.

Personally, why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for a few token benefits, none of which imho worth 20 dollars let alone three hundred, to play in a game that is Free to play, is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend.
Its free to play because free to play games make more money than subscription games.
Its not something that PWE does out of some sense of altruism.

To each their own though, and if you decide to make this, I guess you would call it an investment, more power to you. and good luck.

(653 opened lockboxes and 95 fleet support duty officer packs before a lockbox ship reward)