Career Officer
# 101
04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Been away from the server for a couple of days. So I guess First Contact Day actually ended at 5am pacific time instead of 10am pacific as promoted? I live in the pacific time zone and am also disappointed. Too bad.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Career Officer
# 102
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
About 1 page at this time. There's an interesting USA vs Canada brawl brewing though.
It doesn't get interesting till they start throwing brews at each other...

All this crap about whose got more players, doesn't mean a hill of poopie...

Cryptic does it when it's convenient for THEM...

NOT the player base.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Commander
# 103
04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I've yet to reap any benefits from the previous server stability maintenance. This game is still laggy now and then. Although it's usually not that bad and seems improved. But the disconnects are still insane. At times I can't even make it into the game. Disconnects me after hitting play with my selected character. Worse though is the disconnects while doing an STF. Have I mentioned how frustrating this is? You know I have and I will continue to do so until server stability is within acceptable levels. And we're not near those levels yet. FIX IT PLEASE!!!
Career Officer
# 104
04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post

All this crap about whose got more players, doesn't mean a hill of poopie...

Cryptic does it when it's convenient for THEM...

NOT the player base.
^ This.

As a UK player I could shout my mouth off about N. America getting it good when it comes to maintenance but that will solve nothing and just offend a bunch of folks. The day Cryptic get their collective asses in order and set up regional servers this silly debate will end and we can shoot each other up in PvP rather than verbal trash talk wars here.

If they ever show PvP a lil' more love that is...

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Oh heck, this American will be the first to say that Canada beats the US in beer every day of the week
Survivor of Remus
# 106
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
lol aint that the truth. STO is the only MMO I've played where my ignore list is longer than my friend list.
Now I'm curious. What are other players doing to you that has you building such a massive ignore list?
Career Officer
# 107
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
Now I'm curious. What are other players doing to you that has you building such a massive ignore list?
To be fair I used to ignore so many people for idiotic comments about certain nationalities, races etc. Now I just troll comment them back, move maps or turn chat off and have a nice day!

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Career Officer
# 108
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
when I see political debates pop up, I go on a mass ignore spree. When I get unsolicited fleet invites, ignore... someone spams challenge map invites, ignore... things like that. Its like a mini game within sto.
Captain
# 109
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I consider using Ignore a sort of Whack-A-Mole carnival game, more than some deadly serious offense.

Though in some cases, maybe it should be. :internetshiftyface:

And yes watching 16 year olds discuss world politics in a MMO chat is the fastest path to becoming disenfranchised with the future.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lieutenant
# 110
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skquige View Post
i dont want to fight with eanyone but 90% of americans say thay have 51% of players but thay are talking about noth america not the usa but thay dont know that canada is not the usa and there are a lot of players from hear and i think it is an insolt to all canadians to be called usa so please use the right words say the north and central americas not the usa ty and sorry if i afended some one
I was not including the canadians into the us, nor was i saying that north america is just the us. The person or you, dont recall who, said that the main broad main whatever startrek fanbase is from the us, and that is just wrong. it would certainly be better to leave out nations and use timezones, so: doing maintenance in the time set up now, is just a ****up for people from european or asian timezones. so THAT is why i mentioned the idea of using serverrelated patches with different timezones, but that would cost, and like we see from the content and patches, is cryptic like every other company
Closed Thread