Starfleet Veteran
# 361
04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Actualy I am a 750 day vet who has had a LTS since before F2P. I dont make tickets often. But I have never been helped. Neither has any one in my fleet. I am not looking to cryptic or PW bash though. That sort of thing coudld get a thred locked.

I would just like some examples of help that people have receeved. This would make this a positive thred. Of couse if no one is able to give any examples then we might draw some negative infrances from that.
Empire Veteran
# 362
04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I've gotten my 500 zen every month, AFAIK.

There are definite advantages to subs/LTS, although what they're worth is subjective.

Better customer service, alas, is not obviously one of them.

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine,
public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health,
what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Survivor of Romulus
# 363
04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
All I can attest to is this, that a number of my fleet mates as well as some other I've ran into in various chats have the lifetime sub. They have never received any zen stipend.
One in particular has had an LTS for over 9 months with not a dime's worth of zen dropped into his account and no response what so ever on the matter from support.

Personally, why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for a few token benefits, none of which imho worth 20 dollars let alone three hundred, to play in a game that is Free to play, is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend.
Its free to play because free to play games make more money than subscription games.
Its not something that PWE does out of some sense of altruism.

To each their own though, and if you decide to make this, I guess you would call it an investment, more power to you. and good luck.

(653 opened lockboxes and 95 fleet support duty officer packs before a lockbox ship reward)
Post free 2 play I would agree with you, but remember, most LTS accounts are old timers who joined way back in beta.
It was worth it back then

My Chars = 1 Main (Fed Eng) & 5 Mules for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
# 364
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Located and returned a Boff lost in the mail

Helped me get out of a loop in a mission (Cold war)

And on one occasion helped my friend Mike recover his Accidentally deleted Gorn

They are GOOD people
Lt. Commander
# 365
04-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post

They are GOOD people
Urgh! Sollvax is here! Everyone, abandon ship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Community Moderator
# 366
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekoflats View Post
This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor
Just because your router and network card are 100mbps doesn't mean your internet connection runs that fast, it also doesn't take into consideration any internet hops you have to get from your place to the server itself. The best place to post these kind of issues is in the PC & Tech issues forum or at the Technical Support forums as 9 times out of 10 it's an issue outside of PWE's ability to do anything.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me on Twitter or G+
Starfleet Veteran
# 367
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post

They are GOOD people
Thank you sollvax. Page 2 and your the fist person to provide an example.
Survivor of Romulus
# 368
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Im not sure everyone read the question
Career Officer
# 369
04-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Nothing for me or anyone I know...

Unless of cause you count deleting support tickets of cause?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 370
04-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
What have the Romans done for us?

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

Dont forget execution via crusifiction and the promotion of death duals in the arena.
I thought I took the Blue Pill.......