Lieutenant
# 111
04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbrex View Post
^ - This.

And, as for the Europe vs. North and Central America player bases, this is exactly why Cryptic should have set up regional servers like every other MMO out there. I do not have anything against foreign players. What bothers me is that there are American players that yell at German, French, Italian, etc. players who choose to speak/type in their own language in zone chat, demanding that they speak English. On top of that, whenever someone gets a Lock Box ship and we get the announcement, the announcement is presented in their native language, as opposed to English.

Long story short, Cryptic could avoid this issue of downtime, and these arguments about player base by simply setting up servers for Europe and Africa, servers for the Americas, and servers for Asia/Oceania.
THIS is what i am referring to all the time. The STFs and Events could link the servers, so that it would be possible to actually see people from other nations in an STF, same goes for pvp. It would mean, that you would have to choose your server / region in the beginning, but who cares? Most of the people speak english in this way, some better some worse (like me **** im tired) But who cares? It would solve lagging because of peak times and problems with patching times
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsloan31 View Post
To be fair I used to ignore so many people for idiotic comments about certain nationalities, races etc. Now I just troll comment them back, move maps or turn chat off and have a nice day!

i play STO 1year+ and still dont have anyone on my ignore list
Career Officer
# 113
04-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkadmiral View Post
i play STO 1year+ and still dont have anyone on my ignore list
well you're just not doing it right. I suggest we get the tutorial missions to include a "how to" on use of the ignore feature.
Ensign
# 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 11th, at 5AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 5 hours and 30 minutes. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Wrong time for Maintenance. 5AM PDT is 14PM in my country. I finish with my job at 16PM and I Hardly can wait to come home to play Star trek online and because of your bad timing I have to wait until 19.30PM to login. You give to people of my country a good reason to quit.
From monday to Friday you should do your maintenance a lot before 5AM PDT.
Lt. Commander
# 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
This patch is a joke! What about the bug with tailor? We cannot change outfit! I bought uniform and I can't use it! That's a pretty annoying bug that cryptic devs are not able to fix! What about the bug about sounds in Fleet action?
Cryptic devs are crappy devs! They add lot of stupid features and much bugs on existing things day by day and they are not able to fix any bugs.

I'm sure they're eagerly awaiting your job application, oh great guru of all thing Devvy.
Career Officer
# 116
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec3 View Post
Wrong time for Maintenance. 5AM PDT is 14PM in my country. I finish with my job at 16PM and I Hardly can wait to come home to play Star trek online and because of your bad timing I have to wait until 19.30PM to login. You give to people of my country a good reason to quit.
From monday to Friday you should do your maintenance a lot before 5AM PDT.
okbai, enjoy your vacation.
Commander
# 117
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
Oh heck, this American will be the first to say that Canada beats the US in beer every day of the week
I have to agree with you there, except for maybe Yuengling Black & Tan
"There's coffee in that nebula!" -- Janeway (The Cloud)
| 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | 44th Fleet [Fed] | Startrek.44thfleet.com |
Lt. Commander
# 118
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
cryptic is on a budget and if they had a bigger budget than what they have they would have a seperate server for europe but i think that requires a seperate team to do the patches and network issues related to that server and since the europe hours are ahead of the u.s. hours so it doesnt make much sence to expand the team alot and add a extra server for europe right now. maybe when the team grows they can add the server and have a seperate patch team for europe players but not right now.
Career Officer
# 119
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
cryptic is on a budget and if they had a bigger budget than what they have they would have a seperate server for europe but i think that requires a seperate team to do the patches and network issues related to that server and since the europe hours are ahead of the u.s. hours so it doesnt make much sence to expand the team alot and add a extra server for europe right now. maybe when the team grows they can add the server and have a seperate patch team for europe players but not right now.
cryptic operates on do as little work as possible for maximum gains. In a given week, they do appx 15 minutes of actual real work. Putting up extra international servers would shatter all of that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 120
04-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
cryptic operates on do as little work as possible for maximum gains. In a given week, they do appx 15 minutes of actual real work. Putting up extra international servers would shatter all of that.
Oh now you're just being silly.
Closed Thread