Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
You are wrong! I just done it with PUG, all I saw there were exploding ships from left to right.
That'll be the fools who don't get out of the way during the absorption phase.
Captain
# 12
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I thought it was easy in my Odyssey with Borg sets and all sorts of shiny things which is about as topped out as a FED engineer is going to get, but I didn't do nearly so well in my Klingon ship that has less fancy gear.

It's one of those events with so much stuff happening on screen it's hard to judge what it all is at first. Just a jumble of images at first. I won't probably have any real constructive feedback until I've played it a few more days.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Rihannsu
# 13
04-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I quite like it, as its pug friendly.

I'm not opposed to some stupidly hard version for people who like a challenge, so if they want to add an elite version then by all means, but it was good for what i want. a nice middle length fight that is not going to be ruined by a few. getting 1 shocking player is bad enough in a 5 man. with a 10 man you are guaranteed a couple.

I'd maybe increase its damage output a little, and maybe make the shards a little more of something you need to dispose of quickly.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 14
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Maybe they should not have revealed all the tactics we need to use. Let us find out by ourselves.
Captain
# 15
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
The challenge is to get 1st place.

If you want to have more challenge in game use weaker ships. Use lower grade gear. Don't have any duty officers on active duty. You will probably need to do stuff like that to have the challenge you want because I don't think they will make missions be very hard because not everyone has the best gear and stuff to make missions easier. Also a lot of people who play are not hard core gamers. A lot of people who play also use public queues and if things are made to be very hard most people wont be able to finish the missions with random people.
This. I like a mission that is player friendly enough to not make it undoable with pugs.

Mind... it takes 15-25 mins with pugs, and 5 mins with a premade full mark XII purple team.

Plus this is the event that gets us all that dilithium. We need that for fleets.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.

Last edited by tpalelena; 04-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 16
04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
A) pewpew tholians
B) pewpew entity
C) absorption phase, stop pewpew entity, pewpew tholians, and move out of AoE range.
D) Absorption ends, start again at A.

It's sadly entirely too trivial.

Last edited by aexrael; 04-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Captain
# 17
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, some people are reporting that the matter conversion beam is bugged and doing zero damage. If this is true, then it will probably get harder when they fix the bug.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=616831
Commander
# 18
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
You are wrong! I just done it with PUG, all I saw there were exploding ships from left to right.
THis^^^^^^^^^^
Captain
# 19
04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
It's possible that the matter conversion beam is working in some instances and not others. In the instance I was in, I don't think a single ship died once.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Well, some people are reporting that the matter conversion beam is bugged and doing zero damage. If this is true, then it will probably get harder when they fix the bug.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=616831
Yeah, I don't remember taking any damage despite being swatted a few times.