Captain
# 21
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The Romulan story for Romulans comes before the Romulan story we have now
Exactly. You will play through the LoR content from the start, then into the existing Romulan missions and so forth. My understanding is this is how the KDF content will work too: added to the "start" then you build up through the Dominion, Breen, Borg etc etc.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
So if I understand this right, it was already pretty clear to you guys that the Tal'Shiar are following Sela's orders right up until she "vanished" in the Featured Episode series? To me, the whole bit with the Romulan Republic is a major Retcon as far as the story goes for the federation side.
Not when we were playing it, but it was mentioned that she works with the tal shiar a couple blogs ago, and as for being against the romulan republic, I'm not sure if that was actually mentioned but it seems pretty obvious to me. So there's nothing actually new in this blog.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
If Sela thinks I'm a terrorist now wait until I have a C-Store D'Deridex to shove where the Tal Shiar's sun doesn't shine.
Well said, sir.
Either the DD or the Valdore from the LoR website, but they're getting what's comming to them anyways.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
The next we hear on Sela is in Cutting the Cord, where she comes to the aid for the Tal Shiar, and then the Iconians come to her rescue.
You are overinterpreting. There is nothing in the game that would suggest that she came to rescue Hakeev. When she warps in she says:

Quote:
This is Empress Sela. Interference in Imperial affairs will not be tolerated. Rebels and insurgents will be eliminated!
A fleet of federation and Reman terrorists ships attack RSE planet, what do you think her reaction should be?
If you later talk with Obisek he says she is missing and he doesn't know if the iconians rescued or kidnapped her. I would say it was the second, why else wouldn't they return her to Rator II and let her rule the RSE for them?

The love between Sela Hakeev, Tal Shiar & Iconians is a new thing.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Republic Veteran
# 25
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Sela will pay for spilling a drink on O'Brien... OHHH she will pay dearly.

Republic Veteran
# 26
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
You are overinterpreting. There is nothing in the game that would suggest that she came to rescue Hakeev. When she warps in she says:

A fleet of federation and Reman terrorists ships attack RSE planet, what do you think her reaction should be?
If you later talk with Obisek he says she is missing and he doesn't know if the iconians rescued or kidnapped her. I would say it was the second, why else wouldn't they return her to Rator II and let her rule the RSE for them?

The love between Sela Hakeev, Tal Shiar & Iconians is a new thing.
Jump on tribble and replay Cutting the cord....they added new scenes with Sela, and Hakeeve.

Republic Veteran
# 27
04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
In the original missions, Taris was allied with the Iconians but Sela was not. Taris is captured by the Federation in those missions. The next we hear on Sela is in Cutting the Cord, where she comes to the aid for the Tal Shiar, and then the Iconians come to her rescue.

Only thing that changed is that Taris was gone. The Tal Shiar had lost, and Sela consolidated her control.

Right now, it fits. However, LoR is giving us a pre-Cloaked Intentions Romulan front from both the Klingon and Romulan perspectives, so we'll see if some retcon is needed to make it all fit.
I have played Cutting the Cord on Tribble, and I didn't get that she was coming to the aid of the Tal Shiar, from what I gathered, she specifically said that the machinations up to the point on Brea was the responsibility of Taris essentially saying that Taris was a failure, and then she goes on to say that "It's over" and Hakeev says that it's not over... and then he blames the player for ruining his brilliant plan (like any worthwhile villain would do in his place). Bear in mind, this is how I interpreted the mission at that point.
Captain
# 28
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I would prefer to bat for Team Sela
Survivor of Remus
# 29
04-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I'd much rather join Sela and the Tal Shiar, but alas, we have no choice in the matter.

Joining the Epohh farmers it is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
would a new scene with Sela be a Sela tape??