Commander
# 31
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
So if I understand this right, it was already pretty clear to you guys that the Tal'Shiar are following Sela's orders right up until she "vanished" in the Featured Episode series? To me, the whole bit with the Romulan Republic is a major Retcon as far as the story goes for the federation side.
Not exactly a retcon, it's quite possible that the Romulan Republic at that point was a mere convoy of ships and that the Federation decided that the average Captain didn't need to know about it. Don't forget, as far as our captains were concerned up until the Romulan FE, the RSE was the only legitimate government of the Romulan people.

Besides, Sela probably wanted to portray herself as a strong leader to the Federation and KDF, she isn't one to allow news of an opposing government escape if she can help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
So this blog got me thinking...

Old School Romulans are notoriously xenophobic...
The Tal Shiar is often likened to the SS/Gestapo of Nazi Germany...
Sela became the empress, backing the Tal Shiar...
...even though Sela is half human.

Sela = Space Elf Hitler?
Quite interesting seeing as Hitler himself believed in the Aryan Ideal Master Race (The entire German team in the 1934 olympics held in Berlin conformed to this ideal image and ironically went home with one of the worst home team scores since the olympics started) despite being as far from the Aryan Ideal as possible (The Aryan Ideal man is tall, blonde, handsome and broad shouldered, I shouldn't need to link a picture of Hitler).

Sela being half human makes her an abomination in the eyes of "true romulans".

Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Which brings me to my next question: why did she bring the Tal Shiar to power? She had her own group of allies - the fleet that followed her into exile and the Hirogen. Why give the Tal Shiar power? Was it to make sure they were on her side? Was it to use their known draconian policies to contribute to her "oppression"?
The Tal'Shiar serves the Empire, Sela believed she was the Empire (another display of her arrogance), the Tal'Shiar disagreed and acted as double agents for the Iconians who were contacted by whom the Tal'Shiar believe to be the last true Emperor of the great Romulan Star Empire.
Captain
# 32
04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I hope that Sela was allying with the Tal Shiar to consolidate her power, but ends up realizing that whatever Taris was doing with the Iconians was REALLY bad, so she has a falling out with Hakeev.

So ideally, we'll be able to rescue her from the Iconians, then help her rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to its full and former glory, with no Iconian-puppet Tal Shiar, and without Spock Jr.'s Federation 2.0.
Captain
# 33
04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Do the accolades have the supplemental logs that were posted on the website before? This doc does: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CW9cmvqCn2aIQk
Awesome! Those should go somewhere in the game for players to find!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 34
04-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
the Iconians who were contacted by whom the Tal'Shiar believe to be the last true Emperor of the great Romulan Star Empire.
If you're referring to Taris, she was only ever praetor. The last Empress was Donatra, and she wasn't technically Empress. And she certainly didn't contact the Iconians.
Rihannsu
# 35
04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
You are overinterpreting. There is nothing in the game that would suggest that she came to rescue Hakeev. When she warps in she says:

A fleet of federation and Reman terrorists ships attack RSE planet, what do you think her reaction should be?
If you later talk with Obisek he says she is missing and he doesn't know if the iconians rescued or kidnapped her. I would say it was the second, why else wouldn't they return her to Rator II and let her rule the RSE for them?

The love between Sela Hakeev, Tal Shiar & Iconians is a new thing.
Actuallly.... Go on tribble and play the mission(unless you did already). Her relationship with Hakeev seems very strained in the new version. She has a rather angry conversation with him before you kill him. She also makes a comment that leads me to think she is only tolerating the use of Iconian stuff and doesn't like the idea.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 04-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 36
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
What ridges? http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=863431

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Any idea why the patcher is taking 4 or more hours????

And with or without ridges I always liked sela
Empire Veteran
# 38
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The quick and dirty photoshop work is obvious.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I would prefer to bat for Team Sela
So, you prefer to be on the losing side then?

Quote:
So ideally, we'll be able to rescue her from the Iconians, then help her rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to its full and former glory, with no Iconian-puppet Tal Shiar, and without Spock Jr.'s Federation 2.0.
You might get lucky and have this happen in STO 3.0

Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
LOL
BranFlakes has the magic wand!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 40
04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Conspiracy!!!!!! The Undine have taken Fiber form