Solved.
A Really NOOB question but whats APO??? XD
Commander
# 32
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Blah, blah, blah.
I've been using the maneuver since SFB was released in '82, and since ADB coined the term and developed the mechanics I don't think CBS or cryptic has any claim, or right to copy the maneuver for this game since it was never used in the show.

...But since your such a hot-shot know it all space lawyer maybe you can tell us all if they can.
Do you think there is a patent on pressing a button to reload your gun in a shooter? No there is not. There also is no patent on using scripted scenes, or having a button that makes you turn 180 degree (yes, some shooters had those).
And hey, pst, i am reasonably sure that the first seamen came up with the "maneuver" first...

So yeah. you are talking bs here.

There are no "rights" to the mechanics of turning around internet spaceships really fast. This line of thinking alone is insane....
Captain
# 33
04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Blah, blah, blah.
I've been using the maneuver since SFB was released in '82, and since ADB coined the term and developed the mechanics I don't think CBS or cryptic has any claim, or right to copy the maneuver for this game since it was never used in the show.

...But since your such a hot-shot know it all space lawyer maybe you can tell us all if they can.
Most likely they can use the "maneuver", sudden snap-turns aren't protected, though the actual mechanics in a game can be (1/4 turn breakdown, sudden stop and possible second breakdown from the stop, etc. etc.)

Now, to me, an STO "HET" (need a new name, how about "snap heading change") should be 2-4 seconds of massive turn rate, thinking 40 but enough turn rate to do a full 360 in the timeframe of a "SHC II". 1 minute cooldown. Turn rate applies at any speed (even dead stop).' Player not locked into a direction during this "turn"...

Because of how "similar" maneuvers in STO already work (EM, AP-O, etc.), there's no precedent to have this maneuver use anything else (power, batteries, etc.).
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 34
04-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
There are some very recent changes on TRIBBLE to the Emergency Power to X abilities.
Emergency Power to Engines now has a duration of 20 seconds and also gives a bonus to turnrate.

Oh, great. Now Emergency Power abilities can't even be chained. WTF are cruisers supposed to be doing, Cryptic?!?

Actually, let me guess: Cruisers are supposed to buy doff packs until they get a purple quartermaster so they can bridge the gaps in EPTS with shield batteries. Because everybody loves button-whackamole and spending an active officer slot to fix something that currently isn't broken

Grrrrr.
Empire Veteran
# 35
04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
A Really NOOB question but whats APO??? XD
Attack Pattern Omega.