Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I gimping myself?
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm an engineer. I've got the Oddy pack, I even have a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

But I miss using my old Dreadnought Cruiser. You know, the one with the spinal lance and the extra nacelle on there.

Considering the power escalation we've seen though, am I seriously gimping myself by using that instead of my Oddy or carrier?
Captain
# 2
04-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqafgqegqe4ag View Post
I'm an engineer. I've got the Oddy pack, I even have a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

But I miss using my old Dreadnought Cruiser. You know, the one with the spinal lance and the extra nacelle on there.

Considering the power escalation we've seen though, am I seriously gimping myself by using that instead of my Oddy or carrier?
I don't own the ship but I own the oddy and from what I've seen of both the dread and the carrier

In a word YES!

However just because that is the case does not mean you shouldn't fly it

I still fly my galaxy class into estfs whenever I get chance because to me that is Star Trek I feel awesome when I fly it and when I do fly it I forget how much cryptic has gimped cruisers and just have a boat load of fun and it brings a smile to my face

Then I get on that well with it I think go on just one PVP match then 15 poofs later I remember how much cryptic has screwed both THE enterprise and cruisers in general

But we're here to have fun so if you want to fly it get on it and have some fun!!!
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 3
04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
The Jem Dread Carrier is quite possibly the most powerful ship in the game. I have seen YouTube videos of it soloing Infected Elite - and I have seen another post of someone saying they saw it solo the Hive Onslaught as well. So from a power perspective going to a Galaxy X is a huge drop in power.

But if you're not actually worried about being the very best then you can have a lot of fun in a Galaxy X - and it might even be more fun if they ever add Saucer Sep to it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Stick to your galaxy
you know it makes sense