Captain
# 11
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Any melee hit should instant kill a borg (one has died from a punch in the face)
Borg are wusses against melee attack in canon and should be in game as well
A solid blow from a Sword or a foot should eliminate them instantly
In canon, Borg also instantly incapacitate people with a single nanoprobe attack.

....I think we're better off with what we've got.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
currently they can lead to character deletion (and nano probes only work if you do not have counter assimilation nanites )
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
How about instead of Borg melee weapons (not sure about that.. just add +15 damage when fighting borg? How does that work..) we beam in chuck Norris clones or Bruce Lee clones to finish off the collective.
already tried that....Chuck and Bruce said it wasnt worth their time....and Q is to lazy to head to DIZ XD

as for the +15 to weapons....the rep sets have that. doing Hard missions at DIZ gives borg ground weapons (at Mark 10 should be Mk 11 or Mk 12 especially since its LEVEL CAP...pretty stupid IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 14
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm serious about this. Also, melee weapons ignore shields. This makes them super effective against heavy tactical and elite drones. If nothing else, they are dilithium sinks. They were purchasable before, they should be again.
Captain
# 15
04-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I'm serious about this. Also, melee weapons ignore shields. This makes them super effective against heavy tactical and elite drones. If nothing else, they are dilithium sinks. They were purchasable before, they should be again.
We can see that you're serious, but making melee weapons specifically against the borg just raises the question: why.

You can craft amazing melee weapons, you can get good melee from episodes, you can craft them from doff missions.

There is already numerous ways to obtain melee weapons which are effective against everything. Why lose a DMG or CtrH or CrtD to replace it with a borg proc. It simply does not pay off. A rookie may use it a few times, but the minute he/she get his/her hands on a melee with good stats they'll see the borg melee weapon was a waste of cash.

Borg inspired kits would be interesting though.