Empire Veteran
# 371
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I think they would have helped you out, Sollvax, even if you weren't a subscriber.

The better question is what the 'limit's are on service for non-subs.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Starfleet Veteran
# 372
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Nothing for me or anyone I know...

Unless of cause you count deleting support tickets of cause?
Some times they are so good at this that they can mark tickets as resolved without respoonding to them at all.
Career Officer
# 373
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekoflats View Post
This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor
http://speedtest.net or it didn happen
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 374
04-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I've only ever tried twice since the game started, to get GM help...

Both times it took several days, but They did resolve both problems to my satisfaction.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 375
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I've only ever tried twice since the game started, to get GM help...

Both times it took several days, but They did resolve both problems to my satisfaction.
What were the problems Davey? I am trying to work out the extent of GM powers.
Empire Veteran
# 376
04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I have reported someone a few weeks ago. He was afk in pvp. His char name was "dilithium farmer" (not in english). I made sure many people hit the "report" button. I also know him as a very aggressive player on his main LTS account. Many people complained about him.

A few days ago I've seen the "dilithium farmer" character again in pvp. Which means that "unlimited customer service" means that as long as you buy zen or a LTS you'll never get banned, even if you're a jerk.
Lieutenant
# 377
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
On my Klingon I can't edit or change outfit,custom outfit, fleet outfit .KHG,AKHG,OMEGA . I spent lot of EC for nothing last 2 month cant do anything with outfit with Klingon . On the other side Fed problems are gone not all but most of them from patch to patch.
This is what I got from new """" reputation system you can see that your tailor for OMEGA MKXII don't have one hand to be precise this set missing RIGHT WRIST ATTACH WHY ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NKiDzMMoAw

As a F2P player I am allowed 3 outfit slots( i didnt buy 2 more) i have 5, two i cant use how and why those two got on my account its real mystery or cryptics misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zFMf...ature=youtu.be

But this is the beginning of the problems my fleet ,custom nor STF set outfit can't be changed or edit properly in the tailor app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDvJUqTLTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECABni0yQE

I can add to this list more and more and more

I have question for GMs and Cryptic do you have any intentions to fix bugs with outfit and Tailor or not.

I am on STO 2.5 years and I would ask people to spare me of useless advices (like turn of visual etc etc).
In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

Last edited by zntech; 04-14-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
I remember a few years back... When the maybe 3 times I requested GM support it took less than 20 minutes for a GM to respond and quickly resolve any issues I had then...

Now, it's been about a 2 hours at this one single mission, trying to complete it. This time I've been sitting in this mission and still no response what so ever, except from these forums.

This is the most single ill-supported game I've ever been in and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth, which will definitely transfer over to any whom I have to speak to about this game. And that is much sadder
Lt. Commander
For me - I remember a few years back... When the maybe 3 times I requested GM support it took less than 20 minutes for a GM to respond and quickly resolve any issues I had then...

Maybe last week, I had a problem... Again! And finally found the 'answer' through chat. Today - for the past 2 and one half hours I've been sitting in this one single mission, trying to complete it. I've gotten no real response what so ever, except from the forums about my issue.

This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, which will definitely transfer over to any whom I have to speak to about this game. And that is much sadder. It may also force me to either cancel my subscription or just let it run out...

What about the rest of you? Please answer if you read and have requested support. "Generally 'they' are suppose to read some of these threads..." Therefore the more people whom respond will give them a better indication of how "they're" doing, at least I hope...
Survivor of Romulus
# 380
04-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Support in this game is atrocious.
Asking for ingame support gives you a ticket number but then no tickets show up ingame and never get answered.
The website gives you a blank page nine times out of ten leaving you to search the net and find an old forum thread with a direct email address.
Once you finally get through it takes 3 days to reply and you never get the answer you ask for.
Ie i asked why my at name (Chunter) was considered bad,the Gm kept skirting round the issue quoting the ingame email i'd received..duh! if that hadn't of been so vague i wouldn't of asked.

in the end i had to settle for a slightly different at name with no reason why after 991 days it was considered bad.

Support imho needs a BIG overhaul.
The player formerly known as Chunter.