Career Officer
# 51
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
...masterminded a foiled plot...
This is not something I'd want on my C.V.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
# 52
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I was expecting ship stats or something on the KDF development for the expansion like c-store goodies etc. Oh well maybe next time.

FOr all those disappointed with the blog stating it's cut and paste, a good part of the game is really cut and paste from something else, at least they are consistant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 53
04-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Good to see Denise Crosby is returning as Sela Yar or whatever her surname was. Hopefully the storyline does character justice
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 54
04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I do have to say, the couple of screens of the new Sela really look like Denise Crosby. Spot on, good job to whoever made the in game model!
Captain
# 55
04-11-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm puzzled as to why Sela is Empress given how the blog reminds us that all of her past schemes shown in TNG failed. Maybe we need more of a backstory on her covering her career, maybe they could explain that she had many other sucessful plots that more then made up for her failed plots.
Captain
# 56
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Suggestion:
How about we rename the blogs about lore to something more appropriate, such as "Legacy of Romulus Lore Blog" so that actual dev blogs can be reserved for things players like me are waiting for, such as:

C-Store Ships
Singularity Power
New Gameplay Images

Note to Mods: This is not a troll/flame post, just my honest opinion. I want info about new powers, not lore.
Captain
# 57
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I'm puzzled as to why Sela is Empress given how the blog reminds us that all of her past schemes shown in TNG failed. Maybe we need more of a backstory on her covering her career, maybe they could explain that she had many other sucessful plots that more then made up for her failed plots.
That's all covered in The Path to 2409. For a brief summary of the relevant info, please review this STOwiki page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Suggestion:
How about we rename the blogs about lore to something more appropriate, such as "Legacy of Romulus Lore Blog" so that actual dev blogs can be reserved for things players like me are waiting for, such as:

C-Store Ships
Singularity Power
New Gameplay Images

Note to Mods: This is not a troll/flame post, just my honest opinion. I want info about new powers, not lore.
Not sure what difference it would make. The blogs would, presumably, still come out in the same order they are now. And I would expect that for most Romulan enthusiasts, the lore is at least as important as the actual gameplay mechanics.

In any case, according to Bran we're getting another blog tomorrow. I don't think they'll run two lore blogs on two consecutive days.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 04-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Captain
# 58
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That's all covered in The Path to 2409. For a brief summary of the relevant info, please review this STOwiki page.

Not sure what difference it would make. The blogs would, presumably, still come out in the same order they are now. And I would expect that for most Romulan enthusiasts, the lore is at least as important as the actual gameplay mechanics.

In any case, according to Bran we're getting another blog tomorrow. I don't think they'll run two lore blogs on two consecutive days.
Yes I saw that, but it doesn't really explain it very well, it states her being involved in the events from TNG, then states her ambitions led her to becoming proconsul in 2384.

It doesn't explain why she wasn't demoted or exiled after her failed plots and how she was able to become proconsul afterward. Doen't really make sense as someone like Tomalak is much more competent and should have been in a better postion to seize power rather then retiring.
Republic Veteran
# 59
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Speaking of the communications network used by the Hirogen, those were powered by singularities as well, perhaps the Hirogen even based there designs off of them? If so, perhaps when we get a Hirogen faction (just kidding, I mean when a Hirogen ship is in a lockbox) it'll use singularity cores.
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Career Officer
# 60
04-11-2013, 10:20 PM
My guess is that Sela's Daddy was someone who was extremely important in the scheme of things and Sela being his legacy, has used it extremely well to gain her advantage.

I'd also guess that she was probably his only child.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...