Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Survivor of Romulus
I've noticed this problem earlier but I didn't really care about it that much, but now it's getting borderline annoying.

I'm editing the uniforms of my boffs when the colors of an element I had just set would change when setting the color of another element.

For example, I would set the colors of the Klingon Academy shoulder pads but would change when setting the color of the boots.
So I would reset the desired colors of the shoulder pads but the boots (and pretty much every other element) would change.

Is this reported already?
What can I do at my end?
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5

Last edited by rezking; 04-11-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Workaround Found
Captain
# 2
04-11-2013, 03:40 AM
I found the same thing last night, I was trying to edit a BOFF uniform at the First City tailor, and it seemed that all the colours were locked by the vertical column. Basically, if you set a colour for one piece, every piece in a vertical column would also change colour.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I've noticed that on my end, too.
It seems like a fairly easy fix...

Career Officer
# 4
04-11-2013, 02:38 PM
This has been a problem for a long while. Heck, I've noticed recently it happens on Fed boffs. When putting the Looped Earrings on a boff, the color is linked to the rank on their uniform.

The workaround I found is on the third screen where you pick your outfit pieces, click the Randomize button at the bottom left a few times then try and make adjustments to your uniform. Usually it unlinks the colors on various pieces from each other for me. (Don't worry, this won't change head/body appearance, only your uniform pieces.)
Self Portrait
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
This has been a problem for a long while. Heck, I've noticed recently it happens on Fed boffs. When putting the Looped Earrings on a boff, the color is linked to the rank on their uniform.

The workaround I found is on the third screen where you pick your outfit pieces, click the Randomize button at the bottom left a few times then try and make adjustments to your uniform. Usually it unlinks the colors on various pieces from each other for me. (Don't worry, this won't change head/body appearance, only your uniform pieces.)
Your suggestion WORKS, monkeybone.
Thank you very much for chiming in when you did.

Hitting "randomize" a few times on the 3rd page (the uniform design page) prevents the problem of unwanted color change.

I just wish there was a pop-up notice on the character customization screen that this problem, and solution, exists.

Captain
# 6
05-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I reported the same bug. I believe the problem is with the character models themselves rather than just the tailor.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=645251
Captain
# 7
05-09-2013, 01:30 AM
It's been this way since launch at least. Like most things, they just ignored it hoping we'd just get used to it.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521