Captain
# 31
04-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I agree with this. We should find some mission that we agree to use for reference, and use it. Something with known types of spawn that can be run straight through with a single ship, with little or no downtime to travel, and no interfernce from other players.
for the record, I think I have proved well enough, that my dmg is not dependant on others. and that is why ISE can be an actual good measure of dps. with multiple examples with multiple players you can pretty much prove, that a build is good or not for the purpose. ISE is a good test because everyone knows how it works, and people have actual parses on it, so they have a basis of comparison.
if we chose another mission, like you are describing, would just mean that the whole dps would mean less. yes we could compare the ship results to eachother, but not in real action where they were meant to be. also it would mean that to test the ship you would need to do something you might not enjoy or not as rewarding as a simple round of ISE.

I for one can say with confidence that ISE can be a good basis for DPS, if the results are treated with suspicion of the other players' present performance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Just curious does any of the dual beam builds come close to the DHC builds for the vestas in terms of damage?
Career Officer
# 33
04-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Dont know what dhcs build does dmg wise but i do about 5-7k with my sci on the aventine right know with 3 dbbs up front. But i couldnt test it correctly because of the faw bug
Captain
# 34
04-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonjean View Post
Just curious does any of the dual beam builds come close to the DHC builds for the vestas in terms of damage?
close maybe. but there is not much point to that. if you can equip DHCs, you equip DHCs. the turnrate is good enough, especially in PVE to use that. and in PVP it would not be enough for DBBs imo anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-11-2013, 03:21 PM
DPS "showboating" for the damage meters is all fine and good, but I only care about one thing, when that Elite Borg Neg'Var pops, I want to be able to kill it before it kills me, and thus far if I am alone without help, the Neg'Var eats me.

Does anyone have a good officer spec to use with the Vesta AuxDHC build ?

Will it work with 2xDHC and quantums? or is 3xDHC a must ?
Captain
# 36
04-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
DPS "showboating" for the damage meters is all fine and good, but I only care about one thing, when that Elite Borg Neg'Var pops, I want to be able to kill it before it kills me, and thus far if I am alone without help, the Neg'Var eats me.

Does anyone have a good officer spec to use with the Vesta AuxDHC build ?

Will it work with 2xDHC and quantums? or is 3xDHC a must ?
if you look at the tanking and HPS stats in my stats, you can clearly see there is no problem with the negvar on this build, unless you get unlucky with a dual iso charge shot (but that is only if you are at a bad place at a bad time, which you can avoid easily).

for aux dhc check my other vesta build. change the weapons, and the power, and there you go (maybe add the phaser console thingie for that negvar issue). but with aux build you should have no problem whatsoever with tanking, as sci heals are amazing. tho the dps will drop (in my case its 6-8k dps).

torpedos I do not recommend, simply because you would need to skill into them, and they would not provide as much dmg as another dhc
Ensign
# 37
05-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
edit: as I have read the forums, they did something to FAW to drain loads of weapon power, so kindly note that these stuff are pre-patch. also pre-patch the experimental beam did not drain power under FAW (but it did with BO), I dunno if they fixed that too
edit2: above should be fixed now

why not just put it to my other 10k dps vesta topic?
just so information is spread, and harder to find, and I can rule a bit longer, lolz. I created this, because the core is quite different, so the two would not have space next to eachother (altho if I think about it, this will still qualify for the most outrageous sci ship title, because I am not doing "science biatch!")

skillplanner link

thx to the new skill planner, it's easier to do these stuff. just go and visit it most of the it is uploaded there.
note that the emitter arrays represent the plasma boosting sci consoles, one is mk x -threat the other is mk xi +threat (I didnt have money to get matching ones yet).
pets are the elite scorpions ofc (they alone provide 2-2,5k dps).

doffs are: 3*purple technicians + 10% dmg to borg + exocomp

the beams are accx2

I am not even going to pretend that this build is finished. next week I am buying some mk xi purple tac consoles, that should give some boost.
the sci consoles need better versions also the skills need some adjusting (that armor reinforcement point will go to threat control, and some from aux power will go there too and I will upgrade to -threat consoles just because I had enough of tanking with my other build, its much funnier to see others blow up, knowing I could have tanked it lol)

edit: Imma bring this up to the OP (if the below host is not working, try this link):
here is an ise with random ppl from publicestf

overall
detailed (so you see its not the borg warpcore expl. dps glitch)

edit: also here is another from publicelitestf with 9,5k from when I equipped the romulan plasmas
overall
detailed
thanks for the guide what do you leave your power settings at? 100 weapons?

thanks
Captain
# 38
05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanierogers View Post
thanks for the guide what do you leave your power settings at? 100 weapons?

thanks
well. this build with FAW actually doing more than before (procs are now dealt), is more viable (yay for FAW spam)

power levels are 100 weap, and the rest to aux (you need as much uptime on everything you can, and aux is the key, you gonna divert it asap anyway).

also add leech to this build (ofc), whenever I am home and I dont forget, I will update both my ships with leech
Lieutenant
# 39
06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone,

a very very interesting Thread

i am using Plasma on my Vesta as well,
but i use the full Romi Reputation Set to get the Spezial Attack (2 min CD)
(Shield penetration + 600 Plasma DoT + minus Ressi debuff)

And I sold my soul and everything that i could affort to get the Plasma Mark XII TAC Consoles Consoles.

but my Phraser seems to be broken i never get a DPS higher than 500.
but the dealt damage is always over 2 mio. and the phraser splits the fight
in 5 to 6 periods of time (first group // left site right site // deaths // the gate // Tac. Cube)

in addition: i miss many events in the (old) Phraser (Photonic Fl. / Plasma fire / Graviti Well ... and more)

in the Starbase 24 STF i am always on 1 or second place ( !! with 3 to 5 deaths !!)

In the "Cure" STFs i kill all the Probes and bring the Cubes down to 20 %
fly to next and repeat everthing when i am done the Timer still has 5 to 7 minutes left
to get the optional

i tried the "Advanced Combat Tracker" but i couldn?t find the plugin anywhere

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone is looking for a good Punching Bag in Star Trek Online
just play the Mission "Terradome" or the Vice Admiral version.

(Its located in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block, close to Undine Space)

The first Encounter is alone and has Millions and millions of HP
you fight 5 to 10 Minutes, before it warps away

It is a good test for your survivability as well
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@"ferdzso0"

i know you didn?t have to proof anything,
and i know the (Romulan) Plasma Beam Setting is great.

But i would recommend you to do the Starbase (whatever) in Tau Dewa. (1 to 5 times)
Just to make the guys shut up

-------------------------------------

I use the

Front
1x Romulan Plasma Beam Array [Dmg] [Acc]
1x Experimental Plasam Array [CritH]x3 (hidden but it is there)
1x Romulan Plasma Torp (forgot the exact name, sorry)

Back:
2x Romulan Plasma Beam Array [Dmg] [Acc]
1x Kinetic Cutting Beam

Full Borg Set
(i just explode all the time when i try the Adapted M.A.C.O.)

(NICe EXPLOIT: by the way if your Ad. MACO shield is emty again get out of Combat switch shield back and forth to get the full shields back :-D )

all 3 CritH Consoles.

1x EPS Console MK XII
1x Romulan Sience Console (- Threat) Mk XI
1x Shield Console Mark XI

---
3 Saurian BO's
2 Human BO's
---
1x "Tacital Team" Duty Officer (2x "Tac Team" = Rotation to keep me alive)
2x "Fire at Will" Duty Off. (2x Fire at will = keep the Dmg up)

and i HIGHLY recommend the "Attack Pattern Beta" to boast the Dmg

----

i have the Elite Scorpions but i want to try the Elite Tholian Fighters
as soon as i hit Tier 5 in that Reputation

i hope they come with "Attack Pattern Beta Skill"

---

please some helf me find the Advanced Combat Tracker plugin
thanks
Captain
# 40
06-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preiko View Post
Hello everyone,

i tried the "Advanced Combat Tracker" but i couldn?t find the plugin anywhere

---

please some helf me find the Advanced Combat Tracker plugin
thanks
use the v2012

also dont forget to delete or rename the combatlog in its folder, so a new one is created every instance

Quote:
(i just explode all the time when i try the Adapted M.A.C.O.)

(NICe EXPLOIT: by the way if your Ad. MACO shield is emty again get out of Combat switch shield back and forth to get the full shields back :-D )
normal maco is the best. it gives you a power bonus when hit, plus it has many resistances, its easy to shieldtank with it (makes things faster when you can just bounce the dmg of heavy plasma torps from cubes, back at the cubes from your shields)

exploit is nice, tho I rarely would feel the need to use it

Quote:
all 3 CritH Consoles.

1x EPS Console MK XII
1x Romulan Sience Console (- Threat) Mk XI
1x Shield Console Mark XI

---
3 Saurian BO's
2 Human BO's
---
1x "Tacital Team" Duty Officer (2x "Tac Team" = Rotation to keep me alive)
2x "Fire at Will" Duty Off. (2x Fire at will = keep the Dmg up)

and i HIGHLY recommend the "Attack Pattern Beta" to boast the Dmg

----

i have the Elite Scorpions but i want to try the Elite Tholian Fighters
as soon as i hit Tier 5 in that Reputation

i hope they come with "Attack Pattern Beta Skill"

---
EPS... not necessary a tachyo or leech should be better
saurians and humans are the past, romulans are the future (expensive tho)

APB is great with a spam ability like FAW, it boosts pet dmg, tho if the pets themselves have APB, an APO would be better for the movement buff