Lieutenant
# 131
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Great to see the skill planner featured on the STO main page! Congrats again!

And I religiously read your newsletter, too!

Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish? Or do they roll over into something else?

Thanks for all you do!
Rihannsu
# 132
04-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplatimer View Post
...Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish?
There is no hard cap on skills. Increasing skill beyond 99 does continue to provide benefit (the points don't vanish).

For example, my main Sci toon Pym, has a drain build. She has Rank 9 Flow Capacitors (99 base skill) + 10 skill from her Astrophysicist trait, +90 from 3x Romulan Mk XI Flow Cap consoles. That total 199 FC allows her Energy Siphon II to provide a 35.9 energy transfer.

Most skills continue providing direct bonus, no matter how high you raise them (as above). However, some skills benefit applications that do have hard caps or diminishing returns. For example, Ship's Power is hard-capped, and Hull Resistance gets hit hard by DR, so the four Systems Performance skills (in the former case) or Hull Plating, Threat Control, and Armor Reinforcements (in the latter) might be less valuable as you get higher skilled.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
# 133 You Sir are an Artist
04-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I love the new look and functions of the skill planner, Atillo.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 134
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplatimer View Post
Great to see the skill planner featured on the STO main page! Congrats again!

And I religiously read your newsletter, too!

Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish? Or do they roll over into something else?

Thanks for all you do!
Since you already got your questions answered I'll just say, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I love the new look and functions of the skill planner, Atillo.
Thanks! Glad you love it.
Rihannsu
# 135
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
yep, it's definitely getting better with each passing day

one question though; no mesh weaver hangars yet? or elite hangars besides the scorpions and JH attack ships?
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 136
04-12-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
yep, it's definitely getting better with each passing day

one question though; no mesh weaver hangars yet? or elite hangars besides the scorpions and JH attack ships?
I'll look into adding them. I know some of the fleet items might be missing because my fleet hasn't unlocked them all yet (getting there though). As soon as I can I'll add the mesh weaver and other elites. Thanks.
Rihannsu
# 137
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
I'll look into adding them. I know some of the fleet items might be missing because my fleet hasn't unlocked them all yet (getting there though).
yep, i see that with a lot of fleets; so many of them are focusing on something OTHER than science, even though there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting impatiently to see what kind of elite hangars are on offer, and what kind of stats they have...personally, i hope every hangar has an elite version; none of this 'only faction-specific hangars' nonsense like with the elite weapons

anyway, i'll be eagerly waiting for the inclusion of the mesh weaver hangars, and thanks again for your efforts, and for making such an extraordinary tool in the first place
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
Quote:
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Rihannsu
# 138
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
well, i'm not sure what happened with today's update, but i can't load any of my saved builds now; just get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...and i have 20 of them, so i really hope i don't have to redo them all, because that would just suck

EDIT: and even a brand new one i just made won't load either
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by shadowfang240; 04-19-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Career Officer
# 139
04-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
well, i'm not sure what happened with today's update, but i can't load any of my saved builds now; just get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...and i have 20 of them, so i really hope i don't have to redo them all, because that would just suck

EDIT: and even a brand new one i just made won't load either
Can you please test it now and let me know what happens. Also give me the link to the brand new one. You won't have to redo them all since the data still exists in the database.

EDIT: Just did a quick test, it might not work but let me know anyway.

Last edited by attilio87; 04-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Rihannsu
# 140
04-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
Can you please test it now and let me know what happens. Also give me the link to the brand new one. You won't have to redo them all since the data still exists in the database.
actually, the data exists on my desktop; it's downloaded files i can't load, not builds saved on the site, because i don't do that
Quote:
Quote: