Captain
# 11
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Yeah, it's definitely too good at the moment. I'm in the process of re-working it not to be about shields, since that's not really the Science niche on the ground.

That's good to hear, since Science it's as been always a HP tank/healer.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 12
04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Getting an OP sci power fixed takes:

1 post
1 page
1 day

Getting an OP tac power fixed takes:

...wait

Oh, right, Covert is getting buffed, not fixed, after the entire ground pvp community has been pointing out that it is horribly broken for almost a year, and Lunge is getting buffed after we've been asking for it to be fixed since the melee update broke it.
Career Officer
# 13
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Science officer's are interpreted to primarily focus upon one of three possible career paths:

• Researcher (group buffs and debuffs)
  • Scientist (single person buffs and debuffs)
  • Doctor (player heals)

While skills for all three careers are mixed and matched by the choice of the player, the trait name, Medical Vanguard, implies something for the Doctor to do. Medical specific skills don't buff shields.

I respectfully suggest renaming of this trait to Researcher's Vanguard.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Ensign
# 14
04-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I just finished running some tests on the trait. Kind of controversial, i mean, tacs will still be able to one shot me. I get that Scis dont need to be messing with shields since thats the Engis role.

The ones who really need a nerf are the tactical officers. I dont know about you people but im sick and tired of the lunge.

On another note, while using the Elite fleet polyalloy weave armor mk12 [ResAll] [RegSH] [Nanite], the medical Vanguard has a 100% up time, pretty sure its broken.

I really hope it does not get a super nerf, maybe trade shield regen for armor reinforcement, maybe a special 100% up time with nanites.

Also agreed with this being funny, as some tac abilities have been crying for a nerf and yet nothing has been done.
Captain
# 15
04-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I personally think it should improve healing abilities by increasing the amount of health that is healed and give a damage resistance from healing abilities.