Career Officer
# 21
04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiracle View Post
I just spent $50 THIS MORNING at 10 am Eastern time before this was announced. Why do they always announce these AFTER I JUST bought Zen a few hours earlier...
Sorry Matt, I know it can feel the bummer. I don't mean to troll or otherwise pick on you, but seriously, as a long time player may I recommend you only ever buy your Zen when it's on sale. Since PW has taken over, they've had constant Zen sales (about every 1-2 months).

Patience is a virtue for a reason, and it pays off if you wait. I never buy anything unless it's on sale. In fact, I save my "monthly budget" of game cash until a sale, and sometimes have enough to buy more in one go. Then not only do I get the Sale bonus, but there's "bulk rate" bonus if you spend more that $50. Sometimes I'll even wait/get lucky for a C-Store sale, so I get double-savings using my discounted Zen.

Anyway, I don't mean to single you out, but so often Cryptic puts on a sale, and the forums are laced with people complaining that they missed out.

So again, my best advice to you and others: Never pay full price, always buy on sale.

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Commander
# 22
04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
According to the email I got it's 4 years long promotion, so stay cool. It ends at April 14... friday. Next friday 14th April is in 2017.

Quote:
Starting now, you can get an extra 15% Bonus Zen for all your purchases. Act now, because the sale ends on Friday, April 14th at 3:00 PM PST!
Captain
# 23
04-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
According to the email I got it's 4 years long promotion, so stay cool. It ends at April 14... friday. Next friday 14th April is in 2017.
That email is incorrect. Per my OP in this thread, it ends on Monday, April 15th at 9AM PDT. Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Career Officer
# 24
04-12-2013, 06:16 PM
I have plenty of Zen, thank you. I need a store sale.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Commander
# 25
04-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Branflakes - I could gues that much. Still it is rather weird that no one checks such email for typo errors.

Meh, I like the last changes and vote with my bucks with hope that the Emergency Power To changes that are to be tested on Tribble will go live. So - do not waste my money
Ensign
# 26
04-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
That email is incorrect. Per my OP in this thread, it ends on Monday, April 15th at 9AM PDT. Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon for being attentive to the questions in this thread... but could we get an answer as to whether we are going to see any more ship sales?
Captain
# 27
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Our promo has now ended. Hope you all got some awesome items with your bonus ZEN!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread