Captain
# 31
04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
If they are down to 10-20% why aren't you just blasting through that to begin with?
Cause its a torp boat. Run one long enough to fully understand torps and you will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
If it's not useful at a competitive premade level, than all it does is work against PUGs or near dead targets.

I'm sorry but that's not a winning endorsement for any combination of powers that you've actually given up Lt/Ltc or Ltc/Cmd slots for.

If this combination was available at lower tiers, then I might actually agree with you.

Maybe you need to rethink this?

Other premade teams (multiple fleets) are actually requesting (multiple occasions) MT show up in his JHAS instead of his B'rel.
MT is running the wrong ship. Bottom line there is nothing he is doing in the brel that wouldn't work better in the norg. Hes in the wrong ship really.

The point of flying a Torp Brel isn't to go premading... if I was premading klink side I would be in my norg.... running the standard bop attack. No not cheese vm brel attack stuff.

As crazy as it sounds sometimes its fun to fly things that are in fact different.

Do you not get board of this game ?

I sure as he** do... in fact I haven't played for more then 20min the last 2 weeks.

So sure sometimes I go and blow people up with nothing but torps cause I can.... and its fun for an hour or so... and I get to post stupid things like Your Quantum HY 1 deals 60,000 in zone chat which tends to annoy people. Sometimes a troll just wants to troll a bit.

Premades are even more boaring these days then pugs. Bug Bug Wells Wells Wells. Switch Switch Switch Nuke Nuke Nuke Switch Switch Switch Nuke Nuke Nuke.... the meta of the game at this point is pretty much a joke. I don't mean that to be offensive to anyone, things need to change in general. The EPTS change... one reason I love it, is just that. Its time to shake the dynamics up before I completely loose interest for months on end.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 04-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Captain
# 32
04-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
if your overloading in a bop and your not in a norg yourdoingitwrong

Orly my b'rel does fine with BO2/3 :p

Oh sure, I'm a simple math guy and its quite straightforward the Norgh can do higher Energy spike, why do i fly the b'rel? dunno.

Oh wait, i do. Its the cheesy viral :p

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 33
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
When I get bored, I play other games. I don't cheer on destructive changes made by clueless devs for amusement.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 34
04-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
When I get bored, I play other games. I don't cheer on destructive changes made by clueless devs for amusement.
I don't see it as destructive.

Tac team getting a buff to 10s was one of those though.

Honestly with all the extra regen and resists we have these days... the epts change isn't going to be the drastic issue people seem to think it is. Honestly I still don't think it goes far enough as far as a general healing reduction goes.

I know plenty of good players that don't tag team EPTS and they do fine... I don't.

Mai just admitted that he doesn't chain them either... last I checked he wasn't blowing up all over the place.

People will adjust... and really they may just learn how to watch there own buffs a bit more and in fact get better.
Captain
# 35
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Orly my b'rel does fine with BO2/3 :p

Oh sure, I'm a simple math guy and its quite straightforward the Norgh can do higher Energy spike, why do i fly the b'rel? dunno.

Oh wait, i do. Its the cheesy viral :p
Ya if you want to pre annoy from cloak the brel has that advantage... still I would say an extra lt cmd boff might make for even more boom. Really though the spike from any of the bops flown right is enough to do the job... so which ever. I guess I miss being able to hazards myself while cloaked. lol
Captain
# 36
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Ya if you want to pre annoy from cloak the brel has that advantage... still I would say an extra lt cmd boff might make for even more boom. Really though the spike from any of the bops flown right is enough to do the job... so which ever. I guess I miss being able to hazards myself while cloaked. lol
I actually found it harder to spike in the Brel (for obvious reasons, norgh has higher spike) thats one of the reasons i like it, also because its the smallest bop and still try and manage to vape the biggest Engi tank satisfies me :p

Honestly I havent found much use for the LC Sci slot, and in a norgh its even more complicated. Using CPB for the extra shield strip doesnt return enough of an advantage for the extra delay 0.5s activation time etc after decloak. PH not needed (evasive good enough for most weak TB's), and i use HE to get out of warp poo.

Sure I could go Full out dmg which is most likely alot easier even, Omega3 or Beta3, BO3/2, RF2 HYT1 etc etc EPTW3 which is buffed now, how high can u get a raw dmg spike. Hell I could use 3/4 Tac stations with 8% CritH increase in total and 20% extra severity but it It would probably be too OP

I wouldnt be surprised with 100K BO2 hits on a more frequent occasion, and HYT1 Quant salvo's of 50/60K

The way i fly it makes things more complex, alot more to click at the right time
The thing I enjoyed most is not having the standard fed spacebar ram mechanism, its also a relief to my left thumb :p

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Captain
# 37
04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
ive been enjoying tomb raider, xcom, bioshock infinite, and a huge collection of humblebundle games recently. my time in sto is awol as a result.

the devs are quite destructive on their own without our input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 38
04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Tach Beam isn't useful. At one point is was ok w/TB+doff and CPBIII. In addition to PI shield buffers have gone up making it less and less usefull. 10-20k shields in PvP make most stripping build (in particular KDF) useless.

Also (for OP), if you're gonna go sci debuff, go sci debuff. Use all your sci consoles and deflector to boost your main debuff. You should have ~200 in w/e you're debuff is (w/exception of decompiler based skills).

Regarding BO on B'rel. A decent Sci B'rel can be made for debuff spam purposes and leave the damage to others. There was a time it could actually dog fight decently until ~ a year ago give or take, then other ship's power creep just passed it by.

It's still a decent BO ship (though not my thing) b/c you can prebuff things you can't buff in other ships and do nuanced things like TB a target w/quick cloak/decloak while maintaining TB for cloak boosts if people leave you alone to do a 2nd run.

Edit: OT has anyone tested TT3, EPtW3, APO3, BO3 (w/wingman sci debuff) on tribble?
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Career Officer
# 39
04-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Mai just admitted that he doesn't chain them either... last I checked he wasn't blowing up all over the place.
They don't play premades anymore. You better believe that if the other team knew he only ran one EPTS he would be the first target to go.

He's even more squishier in that slow turning Vesta, so it's even worse to just run one EPTS.

You're going to see a new line of QQ once Yoda, Strike, etc. get to hammer on people with these new changes. lol.

It's already skin of your teeth type situations in surviving their spike even with healing some of the time. It's going to be QQ-central, especially if they get into their Kumari's.

Edit:

Never mind, the devs just gave in and changed EPTS to 20 second shared cooldown from 30.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 04-12-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Captain
# 40
04-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
They don't play premades anymore. You better believe that if the other team knew he only ran one EPTS he would be the first target to go.

He's even more squishier in that slow turning Vesta, so it's even worse to just run one EPTS.

You're going to see a new line of QQ once Yoda, Strike, etc. get to hammer on people with these new changes. lol.

It's already skin of your teeth type situations in surviving their spike even with healing some of the time. It's going to be QQ-central, especially if they get into their Kumari's.

Edit:

Never mind, the devs just gave in and changed EPTS to 20 second shared cooldown from 30.
Thats because people let people like yoda and strike run around... it wasn't that long ago those guys wined about critz as well We had some great battles with trh (for awhile I think crtz and trh where the only premades around... then most of the critz got all stompy robot lol)... the best way to control those guys is to hit them just as hard. People that are to busy worrying about there epts tac team tss rolls instead of laying some hurt end up in trouble. In any event its pointless Cryptic has proven they don't have the stones to fix this game already.

My line of reasoning holds. Way to many people are willing to try and make "tank" work in pvp... and well its not going to work ever.