Survivor of Remus
# 1 EPtX Change
04-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Can the Cooldown of these skills be reduced to 40? So the old EPtX flow can be maintained. Also, the Cooldown between 2 versions should be reduced to 10, again, to maintain flow. the New EPTS flow is... Sub-optimal, and the change greatly affects a large amount of people. And it really isn't an OP skill overall. And was fairly balanced. Even after making the buff last the full duration.
Captain
# 2
04-13-2013, 08:16 AM
I think they're intentionally trying to ruin it as a cheap ploy to force people to buy new ships when their old ones become worthless. "Flow" appears to be opposite of their stated design goals. Rather than having a system that works smoothly, they'd rather have a system that works like an annoying yoyo.
Commander
# 3
04-13-2013, 09:08 AM
I honestly don't see why they did this change. The system was fine before. Yes the buffs to the other skills were needed, absolutely, but why mess with the cooldowns?

Either leave it the way it was, or revert the cooldowns.

Otherwise you have sealed the fate of the cruiser. I for one will be shelving mine if this goes through. I don't really want to be forced into an Aux2batt build.

I don't really know what I want to fly now.

Its a shame really, as I was really looking forward to LoR.
Lieutenant
# 4
04-13-2013, 10:30 AM
If I remember correctly things were changed to eliminate the 100% uptime that comes with rotating two copies of EPtS. 100% uptime turns EPtS from a emergency power to just a passive ability.
Captain
# 5
04-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
If I remember correctly things were changed to eliminate the 100% uptime that comes with rotating two copies of EPtS. 100% uptime turns EPtS from a emergency power to just a passive ability.
As long as they SELL ships with THREE engineering ensigns i see no problem with it.
Commander
# 6
04-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
Yes. A passive ability that consumes two boff slots and can be subnuked away. That's one heck of a passive ability.
Captain
# 7
04-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Plus, the reason they're used by everyone is, well, because, quite literally, THERE ARE NO OTHER CHOICES. What CAN you fill in an Ensign slot with? EPTx...or ET. That's it. Of the 4 possible EPTxen one can pick from, only one enjoys near universal applicability...and nothing will ever change that.