Rihannsu
# 71
03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
There really is no point in threads like this. They won't announce sales beforehand for obvious reasons. No one would buy stuff for full price if they knew there is a sale coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
Nobody is buying stuff due to waiting for a sale anyway lol
^^^^ what he said...okay, i did buy some fleet support doff packs on thursday, but that was for obvious reasons
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Empire Veteran
Actually, it's a great time for a zen purchase... er, ship sale.

Lots of people are out Zen because they purchased the Kumari, so a ship sale would essentially be a enticement to buy more Zen.
Captain
# 73
03-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
Nobody is buying stuff due to waiting for a sale anyway lol
Damn, you just broke my devious plan

I'm hoping for a ship sale since sometime. Waiting to buy the vesta pack...
Commander
# 74
03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
not gona trade my dil in with this high zen rate...
Career Officer
# 75
04-11-2013, 07:31 AM
The closer we get to the expansion, the less likely i would be to buy anything from the C-Store, even on sale. So, is PWE wants any more of my $$$, a C-store sale should happen sooner rather than later.
Ensign
# 76
04-12-2013, 04:33 PM
What do you know. ... another "zen" sale.... I think we may have seen the last of actual ship sales... but you can throw your money away on lock boxes since keys got a discount. ..
Rihannsu
# 77
04-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel514 View Post
What do you know. ... another "zen" sale.... I think we may have seen the last of actual ship sales... but you can throw your money away on lock boxes since keys got a discount. ..
i just bought 2 10-packs today, and got some very nice stuff...no JH HEC, unfortunately
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 78
04-12-2013, 05:10 PM
If there is a ship sale around May 21st I'll be a few Klingon ships for sure.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 79
04-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Well at least something positive came out of the ZEN sale. Gathered enough ZEN to buy 13 FSMs and trade them in for a lockbox ship via Exchange.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Ensign
# 80
04-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel514
I'm starting to suspect this as well, that we might not be seeing any C-Store sales anymore. After all, Cryptic already has your money the minute you buy any Zen. The only thing a sale does is give you an incentive to spend whatever Monopoly money you're still sitting on and technically that doesn't add to their profit margins at all. So while I can understand the reasoning, I still find it to be a disturbing trend if it's true.