Captain
# 41
04-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
They don't play premades anymore. You better believe that if the other team knew he only ran one EPTS he would be the first target to go.

He's even more squishier in that slow turning Vesta, so it's even worse to just run one EPTS.

You're going to see a new line of QQ once Yoda, Strike, etc. get to hammer on people with these new changes. lol.

It's already skin of your teeth type situations in surviving their spike even with healing some of the time. It's going to be QQ-central, especially if they get into their Kumari's.

Edit:

Never mind, the devs just gave in and changed EPTS to 20 second shared cooldown from 30.
ive been running only one copy since the game came out 3 years ago.

i've had plenty of people find me impossible to kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 42
04-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post

^ He's a pain to kill
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 43
04-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post

because you can prevent shots being fired at you so well in a sci ship. not because you can tank damage just fine without it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 44
04-13-2013, 01:59 PM
You can tank damage just fine with out it.

Mai has always been good at holding his buffs. He doesn't panic like most people and pop multiple buffs that give him such bad diminishing returns that there was no point in it.

I won't argue that EPTS is a fantastic sckill... it is its in fact to good for a skill that is always on and we all know it.

However you can survive with out having 2 copies...

I know that because I as well have never ran 2 copies since day one. I know guys like mai don't either.

If I'm not mistaken Era never ran 2 copies either. (I am trying hard to remember but I'm pretty sure on that one... mai might know better then I)

I know for a fact that the QEW quys ran one copy... they did just fine as I remember it.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 45
04-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
^ He's a pain to kill
that sounds soooo like "hes a pain in the ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
because you can prevent shots being fired at you so well in a sci ship. not because you can tank damage just fine without it
oh i dont doubt that's part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post

Mai has always been good at holding his buffs. He doesn't panic like most people and pop multiple buffs that give him such bad diminishing returns that there was no point in it.
awww now youre makin me blush
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 46
04-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post

I won't argue that EPTS is a fantastic sckill... it is its in fact to good for a skill that is always on and we all know it.

However you can survive with out having 2 copies...

I know that because I as well have never ran 2 copies since day one. I know guys like mai don't either.

If I'm not mistaken Era never ran 2 copies either. (I am trying hard to remember but I'm pretty sure on that one... mai might know better then I)

I know for a fact that the QEW quys ran one copy... they did just fine as I remember it.

If he's holding his heals to protect himself, then he's not healing his teammates at all. And if his teammates have to overheal him to account for the lack of EPTS, then he's unnecessarily taking heals away from his team.

I've seen the prototypical builds of TSI cruisers healer builds, even thumapp posted one, and they all had EPTS 1 x 2.

The QEW guys in Bops? I also run one copy on my Bops. But that's because I'm in and out under 20 seconds. I alternate TSS or EPTS as needed. Their sci ships ran full aux, and they used those Varanus ships with Ens Eng and LT Eng, so I doubt they needed to use just one copy. Their full aux cruiser healer build examples, from Kharn or Goose that I've seen also had EPTS 1 x 2.

And the times they ran carriers, probably EPTS 1, RSP 1, EPTS3.

I'm glad that he can make that build work for him, I just don't consider it wise to only run one EPTS outside of niche builds.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 47
04-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
If he's holding his heals to protect himself, then he's not healing his teammates at all. And if his teammates have to overheal him to account for the lack of EPTS, then he's unnecessarily taking heals away from his team.

I've seen the prototypical builds of TSI cruisers healer builds, even thumapp posted one, and they all had EPTS 1 x 2.

The QEW guys in Bops? I also run one copy on my Bops. But that's because I'm in and out under 20 seconds. I alternate TSS or EPTS as needed. Their sci ships ran full aux, and they used those Varanus ships with Ens Eng and LT Eng, so I doubt they needed to use just one copy. Their full aux cruiser healer build examples, from Kharn or Goose that I've seen also had EPTS 1 x 2.

And the times they ran carriers, probably EPTS 1, RSP 1, EPTS3.

I'm glad that he can make that build work for him, I just don't consider it wise to only run one EPTS outside of niche builds.
I've always flown science ships. Transfer shields has always been a more useful skill for team and self healing. I usually take epts1 and aux to Sif 1 as my standard engy slots. If I can fit anything higher i then add an extend 2.
I've always seen it as "if I need more then one epts then any help will be there from the team and if the enemy is focussing on me then that means the team is safe.

I still remember when science team was the king of heal/resist and its from those days I learned how to survive and help out the team.
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 48
04-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
All that I technically need to do against Kerrat players or random pugs is roll my face across the keyboard really fast. Why should I base anything off of them?.
I find it amusing how people who play premades think their so much better than people who don't

***** I never premade in my life not because I don't want to but because hearing of how it's played it gets far too serious and elitist and comments like that are not going to help get more people to PVP or help people get better

You just look like a big head if you came up against me in Kerrat rolling your head over the keyboard really fast like a cow would only get you one place and that's the spawn que and I suck

So just because people play the game differently than you don't think your way is the high way

Plus you had to have learnt somewhere didn't you??or were you just this 'allegedly' good when you were born
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----